• This forum is dedicated exclusively to parody, comedy, and satirical content. None of the statements, opinions, or depictions shared on this platform should be considered or treated as factual information under any circumstances. All content is intended for entertainment purposes only and should be regarded as fictional, exaggerated, or purely the result of personal opinions and creative expression.

Please be aware that this forum may feature discussions and content related to taboo, controversial, or potentially offensive subjects. The purpose of this content is not to incite harm but to engage in satire and explore the boundaries of humor. If you are sensitive to such subjects or are easily offended, we kindly advise that you leave the forum.

Any similarities to real people, events, or situations are either coincidental or based on real-life inspirations but used within the context of fair use satire. By accepting this disclaimer, you acknowledge and understand that the content found within this forum is strictly meant for parody, satire, and entertainment. You agree not to hold the forum, its administrators, moderators, or users responsible for any content that may be perceived as offensive or inappropriate. You enter and participate in this forum at your own risk, with full awareness that everything on this platform is purely comedic, satirical, or opinion-based, and should never be taken as factual information.

If any information or discussion on this platform triggers distressing emotions or thoughts, please leave immediately and consider seeking assistance.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Movies that were huge at the time but nobody ever talks about now

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Call me a fag but Some Mother's Son always tears me up. Dave's backing vocals are also beautiful.

''Two soldiers fighting in a trench
One soldier glances up to see the sun
And dreams of games he played when he was young
And then his friend calls out his name
It stops his dream and as he turns his head
A second later he is dead''
Saw Ray Davies in 2009.
Wept like a faggot throughout most of the set.

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
Independence Day. That shit was ubiquitous. Everyone thought it was going to be amazing before it came out. Some still tried to say it was amazing even after seeing it, despite it being arguably the fucking worst big budget movie ever made. Every actor in it gives a terrible performance. It’s offensively bad. Roland Emmerich is the worst well-known director of all time. It’s almost unbelievable how shitty his films are.
This is the dumbest fucking take I have ever read. Independence Day is prime 90s action. I’m sure you’re patiently waiting for the next Marvel dogshit movie to come out. Welcome to Earf you stupid nigger.

CuckQueen

On the Joe Cumia retirement plan.
Forrest Gump is a prime example of a movie that IS talked about all the time still.

Life is a box of chocolates, Run Forrest Run, etc. etc.
I've not seen any reference to that in media since the mid 2000s. Even when the Simpsons did Gump Roast it was played out.

McGowan6

What did you think today was going to be?
WWAW Ben Affleck starting to lose his hair in Mallrats/Chasing Amy/GWH era, having his Black Irish fro vanish only to be replaced with an Anglo mop of straight reddish brown "hair" in Pearl Harbour/Changing Lanes early 2000s until they worked out the hair transplants around the 2010s The Town/Gone Girl when his negroid curls return?

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
WWAW Ben Affleck starting to lose his hair in Mallrats/Chasing Amy/GWH era, having his Black Irish fro vanish only to be replaced with an Anglo mop of straight reddish brown "hair" in Pearl Harbour/Changing Lanes early 2000s until they worked out the hair transplants around the 2010s The Town/Gone Girl when his negroid curls return?
Haven't studied his hair that much, but now that you mention it that Pearl Harbor hairdo is completely unlike Mallrats mop.

WWAW Ben Alffeck and Matt Damon being prodigies and writing an almost flawless screenplay at 22 and then just.... never writing anything else ever again? :unsure:

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
You’re right Ray, Tenet was just more pretentious dribble.

And Universal still gave him everything he wanted to make his fucking Oppenheimer film when he ran away from Warner Bros. like a bloody crybaby.

Try doing actual sound mixing next time, stupid.

McGowan6

Haven't studied his hair that much, but now that you mention it that Pearl Harbor hairdo is completely unlike Mallrats mop.

WWAW Ben Alffeck and Matt Damon being prodigies and writing an almost flawless screenplay at 22 and then just.... never writing anything else ever again? :unsure:
Lol, I haven't studied it either but he went from having wop hair to a couple of years later having hair like me. A quick Google search confirmed he's a wig guy.

William Goldman was apparent hired to polish their turd of a script (which was closer to Willis flop Mercury Rising- action thriller where maths genius incurs the wrath of the US intel community) into a watchable human interest piece. If you want to be an optimist you could say they went on to focus on their own things- Damon as an actor and Ben as a failed movie star but then a good director and decent actor in the right parts. I actually enjoyed their second writing collaboration - The Last Duel.

Mick_Mickerson

Lol, I haven't studied it either but he went from having wop hair to a couple of years later having hair like me. A quick Google search confirmed he's a wig guy.

William Goldman was apparent hired to polish their turd of a script (which was closer to Willis flop Mercury Rising- action thriller where maths genius incurs the wrath of the US intel community) into a watchable human interest piece. If you want to be an optimist you could say they went on to focus on their own things- Damon as an actor and Ben as a failed movie star but then a good director and decent actor in the right parts. I actually enjoyed their second writing collaboration - The Last Duel.
Oh, I didn't realize they actually wrote something again. It always seemed odd the lack of output, because the type of people who would casually write Good Will Hunting at 22 would be driven to write more and create -- even if they were flops.

McGowan6

Oh, I didn't realize they actually wrote something again. It always seemed odd the lack of output, because the type of people who would casually write Good Will Hunting at 22 would be driven to write more and create -- even if they were flops.
Yeah, the story is that they were a couple of ambitious pretty boys who were smart enough to play ball. They had a script and had been knocking at the door professionally for a while. Their script basically sucked but had a kernel of a good idea. And the story of a couple of regular Bastan guys (they're not obviously, both from arty families) making good and winnin' an Ascar was too good to miss. Weinstein bought the rights and hired Goldman to make it bacon. The resulting script got Robin Williams involved. Green light. The rest is history.

Damon is a shill who was always happy to be invited. He's the actor. Affleck, despite his meat head vibe, is the more intelligent of the two. Hence the alcohol problem. He knows they're frauds who lucked out and can't deal with it.

Mick_Mickerson

Yeah, the story is that they were a couple of ambitious pretty boys who were smart enough to play ball. They had a script and had been knocking at the door professionally for a while. Their script basically sucked but had a kernel of a good idea. And the story of a couple of regular Bastan guys (they're not obviously, both from arty families) making good and winnin' an Ascar was too good to miss. Weinstein bought the rights and hired Goldman to make it bacon. The resulting script got Robin Williams involved. Green light. The rest is history.

Damon is a shill who was always happy to be invited. He's the actor. Affleck, despite his meat head vibe, is the more intelligent of the two. Hence the alcohol problem. He knows they're frauds who lucked out and can't deal with it.
Yeah that must have been crazy to live through. They did a screening of the movie at Camp David with the fucking President lol

Would be interesting to see how they would diversify that film if they made it now. I assume Robin Williams would be a black guy