Man BUSTED for PPP Loan Fraud

G

I'm not sure why but this story feels like it belongs in this section. Perhaps there's some lessons that could be gleaned from this.

A northern Virginia man who used to police NASA spending couldn’t manage his own finances, using hundreds of thousands of dollars in falsely obtained pandemic relief aid to pay off his debts – and spend even more on luxury goods.
Andrew Tezna, 36, was sentenced on Thursday in a federal court in Alexandria, Virginia to 18 months in prison after pleading guilty to fraud, which carries a maximum sentence of 30 years.
In 2020, he filed three PPP applications for fake businesses allegedly owned and operated by his wife and mother-in-law, which got him $272,000 from two banks. He also received a total of $15,950 in unemployment benefits on behalf of his mother-in-law from the Virginia Employment Commission.

He also attempted to obtain economic injury disaster loans (EIDL) from the Small Business Administration (SBA) – twice – for a fake business he claimed was owned by his wife, but the SBA turned him down both times.

The ill-gotten gains were spent on things such as timeshares at two Walt Disney Vacation Club resorts in Florida, a $50,000 residential swimming pool and a French bulldog bought for $6,450 from a breeder, prosecutors said. Another $140,000 went to pay off credit cards and $18,000 on a car loan.
Wait for the knock quietly, fatalker. Quietly is the key.

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.rt.com/usa/529455-nasa-executive-covid-relief-fraud/[/URL]

Uncle Floyd

"But now you're getting sued kinda stupid"
Pretty much. Some of them will get caught but a lot won’t.
I have "a business" because I freelance. A lot of the clients I work for shut down because their industries were hit by Hong Kong Fluey (think travel and destinations). And you're telling me, that I could have had 30k of my tax dollars back in my pocket?! God, I'm a fucking sap.

(Yeah, I'm a freelance cleaning lady. Ya got me.)

TokenX

I'm just this guy you know?
1*FAwA4-C7DdoPzqS8kt3RoA.png

Remember when he paid off his gay motorcycle with the PPP fraud money?

CumiaPoodle

Brazil sent me a wife with a dick ☺️
$290,000 and all he gets is 18 months jail? Why aren't more people doing this?
Pretty good question. I live in probably one of the worst neighborhoods on the northeast and pretty much everyone besides me stole money.

I know a black dude who stole 250k another one who stole 40k then double dipped and stole 70k.

some whore who stole 20k some Puerto Rican who stole 160k. I wish I had the lack of morals they do.

G

$290,000 and all he gets is 18 months jail? Why aren't more people doing this?
Because you also lose the money if they catch you, it’s not like they give you 18 months and you get to keep it.

plus 290k isn’t really worth throwing a year and a half of your life plus all future employment opportunities away for non-niggers