• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Mad Men discussion

Monk

Forum Clout
Probably my favorite show ever and it definitely had my favorite ending to any TV show I've watched. Also had probably my favorite non-season/series finale episode ending when they used Tomorrow Never Knows. $300,000 well fucking spent.

The part where Beth draws the heart on the car window and the shots of Pete's face is perfection. So much is said without a word being spoken.

Monk

Forum Clout

Nick Mullen had a good Don Draper impression

Impression was good but I don't think I've ever been able to listen to a Cumtown clip all the way through. The moment I hear that fucking faggot ass cackle I reflexively close the window. I sincerely wish whoever that is gets throat cancer and has to have their fucking voicebox and lower jaw removed.

Dummy Gaynuts

Pookie-pie water-pig
Forum Clout
Probably my favorite show ever and it definitely had my favorite ending to any TV show I've watched. Also had probably my favorite non-season/series finale episode ending when they used Tomorrow Never Knows. $300,000 well fucking spent.

The part where Beth draws the heart on the car window and the shots of Pete's face is perfection. So much is said without a word being spoken.

agree with all of this except for the ending. I thought they blew the ending big time

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

LBJ'ster, Breaker of Bucks (DMAN)
Forum Clout
Did Cooper molest young Sterling when he was a boy?

“im glad were all better now”

dons a big boy, arent you don

I honestly hated this show. the rat faced girl becoming important in the firm was something I didn't care about. and Draper is seen as alpha when really he's just a boomer style cunt who stops anyone else from coming up in the business so he doesn't lose his position. He's just a dishonest piece of a shit who manipulates things to stop anyone else from succeeding, and a guy who acts like he's got the cred of a veteran when he was just a shitbag

Monk

Forum Clout
yeah he sure did. He was a real weirdo and had a mangled cock or something per the show if I'm remembering correctly
He had his balls removed only to find out the doctor had misdiagnosed him with cancer.
did cooper rape sterling
No, Sterling raped Cooper at the behest of his secretary, the Queen of Perversions Ida "The Hellcat" Blankenship.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
agree with all of this except for the ending. I thought they blew the ending big time
Boardwalk Empire did what Mad Men wanted to do. They showed the future of the main theme of the show, Atlantic City, and how the old ways were going to go away. That with Prohibition officially over there were going to be major changes. Including show new technology like the television. And that things were rapidly changing in America. Sopranos did that in one episode with Patsy trying to shake down the coffee store and Tony selling the chicken store.

Mad Men literally ended with by reusing an old soda commercial. It was not even something originally produced for the show that is how unoriginal and uninspired it was. And it said nothing about Don Draper or any other character because the advertisement came from real life and was produced outside of the show. It was like a weird lazy retcon where they inserted their own characters into history in the most lazy way possible. Rather than have a true ending for their show and characters....they played a commercial. It was as shallow as you could get and a hilariously dumb twist.

Like imagine you watch some Civil War movie and the main character is a small town farmer named Draper who is forced into the Union Army. He fights and goes through the war. The war ends and he has PTSD and spends a month in some religious community trying to find himself. And then out of nowhere the twist ending is that the main character assassinates Lincoln. But his name was not Booth, it was Draper, and they just ignore that it makes no sense.
I don't think any show has ever ended well. Even Seinfeld's end was subpar for their standards.
Sopranos, Shield, Veep, Eastbound and Down, Vice Principals, Barry. The Wire had a mediocre fifth season but the ending was fine. Boardwalk Empire had two or even three horrible last seasons, but the ending was still strong including Godfather II style flashback stories. As bad as the last season of Wire is or the last two season of Boardwalk are.....I can still go back and watch those shows as the endings are not show ruining level.

Going back and watching Lost, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, and so on seems just pointless. I feel detached from them to have to re-watch them and pay attention to every detail.
Draper is seen as alpha when really he's just a boomer style cunt who stops anyone else from coming up in the business so he doesn't lose his position. He's just a dishonest piece of a shit who manipulates things to stop anyone else from succeeding, and a guy who acts like he's got the cred of a veteran when he was just a shitbag
Draper is basically how jews write themselves in stories but cast tall White actors. Like that movie Wolf of Wall Street where the real life Jordan is some ugly reptilian midget freak but they cast DiCaprio. Or in Succession they had this Elon Musk style character and put Alexander Skarsgard a 6'5" Aryan thor looking man to play him.

I hope that they cast Alexander Skarsgard to play Harvey Weinstein.

Monk

Forum Clout
In case you're a retard like @LingerLonger who can't comprehend what he watches here is what the ending is about/means:

Betty inspired that ad. He and Betty had that sweet moment before he left town. When he found out she was dying and they had that final conversation, he was about to say that he loved her. He saw the woman at the pool that I think he thought looked like Betty reading a book called 'The Women of Rome'. Betty was the Coke girl in the first season. They went to Rome together on one of their last romantic moments before they divorced. McCann Erickson really did do that Coke ad. The ad was shot in Rome. So basically Don came up with that ad, and it was an ode to Betty.

For those too young to know.. The coke commercial was considered THE commercial of its time and for a long time afterward. It was so iconic in the Vietnam/Hippie/Peace era, that radio stations were innundated with calls to play it. Not wanting to just play it for free (afterall, it was an advertisement), a new version was released without the coke references. It soon became a top selling pop music song. So, for Don Draper to come up with that commercial which marked an iconic moment in advertising history, means Don was the most influential of the Madison Avenue Ad executives who were the most influential group in the TV-commercial driven American consumerism of the 1960s. Think of this commercial as the God of commercials.

Something I just realized: The ad's name is called Hilltop, meaning that Don Draper's story literally ended on a "Hilltop," both the peak of his professional work and his personal journey for spiritual peace. This is the best version of Don we get, on a Hilltop. Genius.

Last edited: