'Lo-Fo' is the most retarded name for stuff ever

At risk of sounding like a boomer, it's a legit retard name (& I like some of it); 'Hi-Fi' stands for High Fidelity meaning high quality, so is 'LoFi' low quality? Often yes.

I do like some Lofi chillstreams & whatnot, but that name is dumb as fuck.

DMAN

NYC Mayor
"Lo-Fo?" I'm assuming you misspelled "Lo-Fi" in the title...

"Lo-Fi" is a stylistic choice many bands use to evoke nostalgia or set their sound apart. Yes they make it sound shitty on purpose.
Not only does it make sense in that regard, but it correlates exactly with "Hi-Fi" so I'm not sure what you're confused about. Context clues.

They are recreating the low quality glitches and limitations of dead media while recording.
You see this daily on TV and in movies with jumpy VCR edits, browned edges, dream sequence blur borders, etc.

Where we at wit the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion? Where we at with the Kids soundtrack?

"Lo-Fo?" I'm assuming you misspelled "Lo-Fi" in the title...

"Lo-Fi" is a stylistic choice many bands use to evoke nostalgia or set their sound apart. Yes they make it sound shitty on purpose.
Not only does it make sense in that regard, but it correlates exactly with "Hi-Fi" so I'm not sure what you're confused about. Context clues.

They are recreating the low quality glitches and limitations of dead media while recording.
You see this daily on TV and in movies with jumpy VCR edits, browned edges, dream sequence blur borders, etc.

Where we at wit the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion? Where we at with the Kids soundtrack?

I'm all-in with the Jon Spencer, good stuff