Lenny Bruce, Bill Hicks, Sam Kinison, and George Carlin have never made me laugh

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
Hicks has been deified when he really only had a solid 40 minutes at the most. I'd almost call him a spoken word satirist, but comedian? Might be stretching.

Kinison was cool when I was younger, but the act fades as time goes. Not that dissimilar to Dice.

No one cares about Lenny Bruce, to be honest witcha.

Your black comedian list, minus Chris Rock because he's too redundant, I very much agree with, especially prime Murphy and Pryor. Richard Pryor was fast enough to make a story out of anything, and he was relatively honest.

UnPRePared

Completely disagree. Until the recent Woody Allen period, Dice got better with age.

People who hate him are joyless.

I never liked the stupid rhymes in his act, but loved the gimmick trolling. Comics tell stories about Dice like they do Norm.
When I speak of my Kinison dislike, it's with that era of Dice. It aged poorly.

But I do love "The Day The Laughter Died". What a ballsy concept. The only cringe humor I laugh at.

When he wasn't putting on the act, which he usually was... Not bad. Just wish he did it more often.

UnPRePared

Rickles was fucking hilarious and edgier than any of those niggers.

Watch his appearance on any late night show from the 90's-00's (skip the old Carson clips). They're all gold.

All those words I spewed and I forget to support Rickles.

Rickles was amazing up till near the end. I won't hear a cross word about that man. Even when a joke didn't land, he was still quick enough to move on and make you forget.

Naked_Militiaman

Powdered Toast Man
All those words I spewed and I forget to support Rickles.

Rickles was amazing up till near the end. I won't hear a cross word about that man. Even when a joke didn't land, he was still quick enough to move on and make you forget.

If a joke didn't land he would rightfully turn on the audience. My favorite was "Folks, don't make me put up cards."

He's what every comedian should be: mean and funny until death.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Kinison had 5 brillant years, followed by 5 shit years. The "Wild Thing" cover was the low point. His fans say he cleaned up before he died and would have had a comedy comeback, but I'm skeptical.

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
I'll always have a soft spot for Carlin since he was the one who got me into comedy, but I hate to say whoever opened for him when I saw him live made me laugh more than he did, but he was also doing literally zero new material and still doing bits from almost 20 years prior.

IDidThisForYou

Posting in the bakowza
Certain Carlin bits around the late 90s/early 2000s still make me laugh. Bruce never did, Hicks was a try-hard douche who let his shit get stolen by a wannabe firefighter, and Kinison always gave me a headache. The older I get, the more I realize stand up is all just shit.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Certain Carlin bits around the late 90s/early 2000s still make me laugh. Bruce never did, Hicks was a try-hard douche who let his shit get stolen by a wannabe firefighter, and Kinison always gave me a headache. The older I get, the more I realize stand up is all just shit.
This is the best take. Almost all standup comedy is pure garbage. It becomes dated mere days after the specials air. Almost none of it holds up after a second viewing. Something like The Sopranos I can watch over and over and laugh every time. I do not think I have ever laughed at one of Norton's sets. And I cannot find anything funny nor insightful in the acts of Carlin or Hicks.

Standup comedy is also dominated by Jews. Almost every 'greatest standups of all time' list is filled with Jews.

DMAN

NYC Mayor
This is the best take. Almost all standup comedy is pure garbage. It becomes dated mere days after the specials air. Almost none of it holds up after a second viewing. Something like The Sopranos I can watch over and over and laugh every time. I do not think I have ever laughed at one of Norton's sets. And I cannot find anything funny nor insightful in the acts of Carlin or Hicks.

Standup comedy is also dominated by Jews. Almost every 'greatest standups of all time' list is filled with Jews.
Always thought it was odd that stand ups are proud of the fact they repeat the same jokes in the same cadence multiple times.