JUST LIKE EDDIE

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Yes, this is a complete sale to rubes. I played guitar growing up and some stores would sell generic cables with the stores name / logo on them and they sounded the same as the more expensive name brand cable. An effects board / pedal is one thing, cable is cable. I remember with TVs they would sell regular 4K HDMI cables which is all you need but they would have some gold plated ones for more money which were bought by idiots like Joe.
WWAWD Monster Cables. Fucking rubes.

HipTuckerCumia

hard drive full of CP media
Aren’t cables pretty much all the same? I remember when HD TVs were first becoming popular the cables were expensive, but nowadays a $6 cable is just as good.

HDMI cables start failing at some point if they are made long enough. All picture quality claims & jitter talk is BS - either you get a BIT PERFECT signal or NO PICTURE - but if you need to run a high bandwidth signal say 10 meters, lesser cables, even if specced right, give you NO PICTURE.

Standard electric guitars put out a very weak high impedance signal. Cable length & purity of the copper used ACTUALLY makes a NOTICEABLE difference. No BS.

Mic level signals, for example, are also WEAK but low impedance, and you can run cable hundreds of feet without degradation unless giggin' in a tesla coil factory.

Not so much for the new HDMI 2.1 standard. The cables make a small difference and it has to due with bandwidth.

Kind of like CAT5 and 6 cables.
I love you, but... we're talking about guitar cables here; a grounded coaxial at-best.

What on God's green earth are you talking about, sir?