John Wick

G

[URL unfurl="true"]https://m.imdb.com/title/tt11242246/?ref_=m_nmfmd_act_4[/URL]
I knew it was some old British TV series that was made before I was born but didn't know that black lezzer made a remake of the remake. Apologies

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Denzel in The Equaliser was a better version of the same movie - Shitty Death Wish Remake But If The Guy Had Formal Training basically.
Man I hated that Death Wish remake, the original was so good but I don’t think you could make that today of a regular guy’s wife getting killed and daughter fucked up so he takes on crime.

G

Watched Upgrade. It could have been so much better with a decent budget and someone older than 15 writing it. Awful.
Upgrade peters out a little bit in the third act, but it's still 10x better than most capeshit or regular popcorn movie you're going to watch.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Upgrade peters out a little bit in the third act, but it's still 10x better than most capeshit or regular popcorn movie you're going to watch.
I disagree it felt just as bad as those. The plot holes were all over the place and the IT'S THE FUTURE aesthetic was laughably bad. Be subtle about it instead of having plants spinning and touch screens on coffee tables that are easily accessed by anyone's voice. Jesus Christ the security in the future stinks. As much as I disliked Blade Runner 2049 it did a semi realistic depiction of the future. The more I think about that movie the more I hate it.

G

I disagree it felt just as bad as those. The plot holes were all over the place and the IT'S THE FUTURE aesthetic was laughably bad. Be subtle about it instead of having plants spinning and touch screens on coffee tables that are easily accessed by anyone's voice. Jesus Christ the security in the future stinks. As much as I disliked Blade Runner 2049 it did a semi realistic depiction of the future. The more I think about that movie the more I hate it.
I thought it was fun and I'm someone who watches a lot of movies, including capeshit and arthouse crap. It's not trying to be Blade Runner 2049. It's a low budget B-movie with dark humor. Yeah there's scifi elements, but it's not trying to be overly serious with the future stuff.

Agree to disagree, I guess.

Mc.Faggot

crumbum
that bus scene was pretty good though
The bus scene wasn't good, it was also stupid.

Why is he dropping the bullets and the gun to make a point? It was retarded.

Also the money scene before hand was really fucking retarded. "only 2 reasons someone shows off a wad of money like this!"

Bob Odenkirk was not a believable tough guy.

It was a total Boomer power fantasy movie.

I enjoyed it for being really stupid, it blows my it has an 83 percent rating, i think that made me more angry for some reason.

I went into it thinking it was going to be good, 10 mins in my girl was like "you wanna keep watching" and I was like "yeah I wanna figure out if he's a secret agent, or a ex bad guy"

turns out he was a secret agent kinda, they never really flesh it out

him buying the factory with a duffel bag of gold bars just to turn it into a trap for the russian mob was retarded

the whole movie was stupid, the bus scene set off the stupid because he gets stabbed like 2 times and his wife just wipes it off with some peroxide and the dude's jogging the next day. there was no sense of tension

Dummy Gaynuts

Pookie-pie water-pig
The bus scene wasn't good, it was also stupid.

Why is he dropping the bullets and the gun to make a point? It was retarded.

Also the money scene before hand was really fucking retarded. "only 2 reasons someone shows off a wad of money like this!"

Bob Odenkirk was not a believable tough guy.

I wouldn't have even minded the whole movie being stupid, but it got 83% positive review and that blew my fucking mind.

It was a total Boomer power fantasy movie.

I enjoyed it for being really stupid, it blows my it has an 83 percent rating, i think that made me more angry for some reason.

I went into it thinking it was going to be good, 10 mins in my girl was like "you wanna keep watching" and I was like "yeah I wanna figure out if he's a secret agent, or a ex bad guy"

turns out he was a secret agent kinda, they never really flesh it out

him buying the factory with a duffel bag of gold bars just to turn it into a trap for the russian mob was retarded

the whole movie was stupid, the bus scene set off the stupid because he gets stabbed like 2 times and his wife just wipes it off with some peroxide and the dude's jogging the next day. there was no sense of tension
you better just watch your step on the next "nice podcast stupid"

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
I heard John Wick is a great action movie but I was very disappointed. The action is too quick, smooth and choreographed. You don't really have time to react to any threat before he takes care of it, so there's never any real tension to begin with.
HBO just put out all of the John Wick films. I tried to watch the first one and tapped out after about an hour because of how awful the film is. The fighting and shooting sequences are so bad and unrealistic that the movie is comic book like. The retarded assassin mythology is also so juvenile and stupid. Assassin themed hotels and gold coins wow so deep.

Compare John Wick to John McClane from Die Hard. Or the big action moments to stuff like Predator where they assault the Russian hideout.

Day of the Jackal (1973) is still the best assassin film of all time by far. Or something like No Way Out or Breach where you have trained killers and spies using things like blackmail or forensics to catch people. I can't believe John Wick is a franchise. Just embarrassing.
Also, the way the bad guys talk him up is annoying. "He's the FUCKing BOOGEYMAN!". Yuck.
They are trying to get cheesy Die Hard and Terminator style quotes that audiences will repeat. But stuff like "I ain't got time to bleed" and "I'll be back" where natural things to say. They just cram in these "cool" quotes for the movie trailers when no one speaks like that in real life.

G

HBO just put out all of the John Wick films. I tried to watch the first one and tapped out after about an hour because of how awful the film is. The fighting and shooting sequences are so bad and unrealistic that the movie is comic book like. The retarded assassin mythology is also so juvenile and stupid. Assassin themed hotels and gold coins wow so deep.

Compare John Wick to John McClane from Die Hard. Or the big action moments to stuff like Predator where they assault the Russian hideout.

Day of the Jackal (1973) is still the best assassin film of all time by far. Or something like No Way Out or Breach where you have trained killers and spies using things like blackmail or forensics to catch people. I can't believe John Wick is a franchise. Just embarrassing.

They are trying to get cheesy Die Hard and Terminator style quotes that audiences will repeat. But stuff like "I ain't got time to bleed" and "I'll be back" where natural things to say. They just cram in these "cool" quotes for the movie trailers when no one speaks like that in real life.
I watched the first one when it came out, thought it was kinda gay. I just did the same as you and put the first one on HBO again and stopped halfway through. Fucking awful. Also turned Keanu Reeves from a punchline to this beloved icon. Gay.

Nobody was actually a stupid pile of dog shit to be perfectly honest with you
It is impossible to take Bob Odenkirk seriously as this hardcore badass. There's a sequel in production and they want to do a crossover with John Wick.

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
omfg.....would a bunch of try hard cinema snobs some y'all niggas are

John Wick is an awesome movie.....I don't care if you wrote your dissertation on Sam Peckinpah and have Wim Wenders movie marathons on the weekend; you still can find a way to enjoy unadultared violence and action like in the Wick movies

Even someone like Frank Bruni can enjoy a snickers bar

Dog Eater

Apartheid is cool.
John Wick is indeed shit for all the reasons mentioned. But I am able to turn my brain off and watch it.

bantadant

Fantastic Man
The first one was ok for what it was, but the sequels got progressively worse. The whole assassin hotel/gold coin thing doesn't hold up well as others have pointed out, so the more they include them the more inconsistent details are exposed