Jim and Sam got shit-canned, Hallelujah

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
... I'm still hilarious, @alkiefuck2 .

And the Gabriel comment? Ouch, but I'll give you that.
explain this
9ef6855cf07f8bfccb80d52592ba407e.jpg

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
Gabriel in Genesis and Gabriel solo are like two totally different Gabriels.

His solo work is far superior, IMO.

I like both, but something about the raw talent they had at such a young age, and hearing it expand with every album, leans me more towards the band as a collective with Peter.

That said, I'm torn on "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway". Most of that music was already written - some of it during pre-"Trespass" time, but just reworked - and Peter demanded to write all the lyrics by himself, which he did. I think the quote that's always reported is "Name one concept album written by committee?" Something like that, but to me the lyrics on over half of the songs are rather weak and too abstract. Makes the whole thing feel bloated at times.

Even during my tenure, when I brought up playing some of the songs from Lamb on tour, it was still a touchy subject for the two, mostly Tony. I happened to get along well with Tony, and in one of his rare moments of personal candidness, he said that he was happy for Peter finding his own way after the animosity that built during Lamb, but he was happier that they found out Phil could carry the weight, and even flourish. Said to me, "I felt like I was finally in a 'band' again."

I don't know Mr. Gabriel, and all I've ever heard from people in the business is that he's a lovely bloke, especially nowadays, but it sounded like he was quite an intense artist as a young man. I mean, you saw the landing strip shave on his head, right? Who the Fuck does that?

Sputnik

Females arent funny
who is an actual fan of that show? I couldn’t even find it to listen to before the free trial in my work truck ended and I wasn’t remotely sad.