"It happens" - Never to me though because I'm Mama Raven's special boy and am never wrong

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
T6NO5Ju.png

stealthygeek

Reminder: Vincent D'Onofrio blocked Patrick
What a disingenuous take by a disingenuous piggy. When I got my coffee this morning at Dunkin Donuts, which employee was the skilled laborer, Patrick? Was it the one mopping the floor or the one who poured coffee over a cup full of ice?

If he just said he thinks working class people are getting screwed there would be nothing to even mock here. But piggy always needs to up the ante to get all the attention focused on him by being a hyperbolic queer about everything.

Jim-sucks-shit

*ALL FUTURE COURT DATES ARE VACATED*
Pretty sure Pat makes below minimum wage when you factor in time and sales of books.
Ugly Mary Robinette broke it down for Stent way back on one of the other forums. The jist of it was basically that fatso was likely offered a 6 figure deal for his first trilogy. That was split up over the three books over 3 years. So he was paid about 33k a year and that was split up to be paid 1/3 every 4 months.

Point is that pat made about 33k a year with that initial contract. But none of that matters now because he's been dropped and writes on spec.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Ugly Mary Robinette broke it down for Stent way back on one of the other forums. The jist of it was basically that fatso was likely offered a 6 figure deal for his first trilogy. That was split up over the three books over 3 years. So he was paid about 33k a year and that was split up to be paid 1/3 every 4 months.

Point is that pat made about 33k a year with that initial contract. But none of that matters now because he's been dropped and writes on spec.
Didnt those 3 years expire like 2-3 years ago? Pretty sure he has been limping by on what he might have saved and residuals these last couple years.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Nothing worse than a fat unemployed 41 year old pretending he knows anything about working. The minimum wage jobs aren’t difficult which is why they are paid minimum and aren’t meant to be where you stay. Skills related to positions translate into more money since it’s needed to perform the job. Pat has zero job skills which is why he doesn’t understand why people with those skills are paid more. I’d like Pat to explain the skills involved in fast food work or grocery store cashier.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Unskilled labor is a myth

Is it? So is working as a cashier at McDonald's or Target a "skill" then? I'm sure Mr argue-every-single-semantic-point-to-the-Nth-degree would argue yes, since you need to be able to communicate and work a register.

Every job requires skill, time and experience to master

Yeah...something tells me that training to become a doctor or dentist takes a teeeny bit more time and skill to master than pouring coffee, delivering packages or flipping burgers. Maybe that's why they're paid more too :unsure:

Fucking dumb cunt.

G

Nothing worse than a fat unemployed 41 year old pretending he knows anything about working. The minimum wage jobs aren’t difficult which is why they are paid minimum and aren’t meant to be where you stay. Skills related to positions translate into more money since it’s needed to perform the job. Pat has zero job skills which is why he doesn’t understand why people with those skills are paid more. I’d like Pat to explain the skills involved in fast food work or grocery store cashier.
He's gonna be working a bottom of the barrel job pretty soon, so he thinks it's in his best interest to demand that they pay more. Only problem is that most businesses can't afford to pay people $15/hr to flip burgers, and this will lead to massive unemployment. Pat will be up against fierce competition for these shit jobs, and nobody is going to hire a 41 year old jackass who thinks he's too good for a job like theirs.