Is it me or is everyone like in a daze?

G

I just got back from cvs (drugstore for you euros) and stopped at chipotle for some food in a major northeastern metropolitan area, and 85% of people look strung out on some xanax or ssri

Not to mention the homeless multiplying everyday waiting outside convenience stores and gas stations for some change

Bodies like sacks of potatoes, random gross tattoos all over, colored hair or fade haircuts with beards, eyes glazed over, avoiding eye contact looking down at their phones, half the people with masks on, walking around like zombies

Is it just that everyone works remote now and don’t have to leave the house and interact with people or what? Shit seems odd.
:image_9247:

It’s like everyone has morphed into pat-
Demoralized, passive aggressive, non confrontational, lackadaisical, in a stupor, ready to obey

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Nah, people over here are mostly drinkers. It's Mad Men vibes - smug assholes who think they're invincible and doing the Lord's work. The druggies here are mostly homeless bums or student dropouts.

TheCumBellyKeeed

Ribbed for your pleasure
Yeah, beaten down and broken from having their mind spun in circles by (((tptb))). I've also noticed boys dressed like girls and girls dressed like boys all over and I'm in a rural place. Somebody has to destroy the internet in GTA or humanity is doomed, the average person is never gonna wake up with it keeping them hooked in.

G

Where I am there has been a considerable increase in men dressing like women over the past 6 months.

New luxury condo buildings going up everyday and all owned by rich Chinese and jews to air bnb.

Homeless are growing, normal (white) people who pretend to love niggers are leaving the city in droves.

They just shut down about half of public transit and shrugged their shoulders, so now it's going to be 3-4 hours a day commuting...

So I try to turn on the red Sox game and drink some coors, they got George fucking Bush on the broadcast.

Fuck this. I'm going to Boca.

This is going to sound gay, but a lot of people don't like life anymore. No one wants to plant a tree whose shade they won't sit under.

Without getting into manifesto shit, I think it's due to a convergence of sophisticated advertising and the insidious medium of social media. Combine that with a vast depreciation in art, culture, education, hobbies -- basically anything that requires authentic passion -- and you're left with a bunch of cattle wandering aimlessly in an effort to satiate their various dopamine addictions.

fusciasomething

Jacques De Gautier
This is going to sound gay, but a lot of people don't like life anymore. No one wants to plant a tree whose shade they won't sit under.

Without getting into manifesto shit, I think it's due to a convergence of sophisticated advertising and the insidious medium of social media. Combine that with a vast depreciation in art, culture, education, hobbies -- basically anything that requires authentic passion -- and you're left with a bunch of cattle wandering aimlessly in an effort to satiate their various dopamine addictions.
Keeping up with the Joneses was the precursor to facebook envy but I think it is still the biggest cause of depression. Seems to mostly be women but they can make everyone miserable when they are.

Everyone's lost in their own little dream worlds, and real life just doesn't compare. So, when forced to attend to the needs of real life and forced to interact with the shitty real world, people become sullen, defensive, crabby and miserable. For example, if you're on Twitter 16 hours a day, being a wacky character with a whole zany persona, it sucks to have to pull yourself away from that fantasy world and go out to buy more beer or find some hot tranny dick to suck.

Also, the younger generations have been bombarded with all kinds of fabulous, amazing social media posts about being a crypto trader or an Instagram influencer or a "van life" blogger or making incredible coffee tables out of old tree stumps, and they all want these fabulous amazing dream lives too. Then they begin to learn that it probably won't go that way for them, and they begin to wallow in self-pity. That goes all the way back to Gen X too, it's not a new phenomenon.

Then they begin to learn that it probably won't go that way for them, and they begin to wallow in self-pity. That goes all the way back to Gen X too, it's not a new phenomenon.
I agree, but the scale of this effect on the current generation is unprecedented.

Young people genuinely believe the purpose of human life is to amass pleasure experiences, not to struggle valiantly in the face unyielding adversity. The latter has been the reality for almost every living thing to ever exist on this planet, but somehow a twenty-something living in a 21st century metropolis that would appear a fantasy world to virtually every other generation of humans, still feels authentically entitled to something more.

Yet, the historic meaning we've pieced together about existence means nothing to them. Just look at their attitudes towards having kids. It's seen as an educated, enlightened (and even sometimes compassionate) position to eschew children in favour of selfish pursuits. If almost any other species on Earth (certainly those we feel any kinship with) adopted this philosophy they'd be extinct in 100 years.

Last edited:

Front 242

Bad Boy Bubby
I agree, but the scale of this effect on the current generation is unprecedented.

Young people genuinely believe the purpose of human life is to amass pleasure experiences, not to struggle valiantly in the face unyielding adversity. The latter has been the reality for almost every living thing to ever exist on this planet, but somehow a twenty-something living in a 21st century metropolis that would appear a fantasy world to virtually every other generation of humans, still feels authentically entitled to something more.

Plus, the historic meaning we've pieced together about existence means nothing to them. Just look at their attitudes towards having kids. It's seen as an educated, enlightened (and even sometimes compassionate) position to eschew children in favour of selfish pursuits. If almost any other species on Earth (certainly those we feel any kinship with) adopted this philosophy they'd be extinct in 100 years.
Lots of otherwise cool and sophisticated younger people I know are antinatalists. It's because they hate and distrust themselves.