Intro to Programming

I think I might be the right kind of autistic for coding and data analysis but I don't want to waste my time with minutiae if there's a quality comprehensive guide/program/system I could be learning instead.

Surely one of you most be employed in the field and have some thoughts on where to start.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
1664934514568.png

I think I might be the right kind of autistic for coding and data analysis but I don't want to waste my time with minutiae if there's a quality comprehensive guide/program/system I could be learning instead.

Surely one of you most be employed in the field and have some thoughts on where to start.
Unless you're a tranny or a turbo-autist, you should just skip it; by all means give it a shot to see if you like it. Python and C are fairly easy to learn and there's a ton of free books you can find here: https://b-ok.cc/s/C programming. Keep in mind that most of the authors are on the spectrum and some of the exercises are really stupid.

I've tried learning to code at two different points in my life, when I was 19 and when I was 27; I could understand the basic syntax and loops/basic functions, but once I got to the higher level stuff I got so frustrated I wanted to put my fist through the monitor. Networks and servers are much easier to learn and the pay is just as good.