In addition to the TV gig, he apparently is working on a new book/screenplay as well

JesseTheGovernor

Access to the Debates
Minor update, some advice from our writing-on-spec author.

View attachment 10475

I love how none of his books have earned their advances back and he still thinks he has the standing to lecture other people on how to write.
“Build your world” aka write about something topical that will be forgotten by the time any potential book comes out, use shit like Space Hardee’s, and poorly integrate the political climate of the current year into the plot-free story. That’s Fat’s idea of world building.

Also what the fuck is it with him and word count? Especially when this isn’t even a rough draft. “I’ve come up with 750 words (merely 5 double-spaced pages of a university length paper) of rough work for my imaginary world I’m currently fantasizing about. #AmWorking #PaidAuthor”

Nick_Carpinelli

PFG-ciple
At the risk of showing my ignorance. What the fuck is a world bible? I genuinely have never heard that phrase I’d tell you if I did.

It would most likely be background details about the fictional world that may not necessarily be a part of the story but are necessary to prevent inconsistencies. Like on Star Trek the bible would have all the details about the Klingons so each new writer wouldn't make up a completely new backstory that conflicts with what has already been established on screen.

It would most likely be background details about the fictional world that may not necessarily be a part of the story but are necessary to prevent inconsistencies. Like on Star Trek the bible would have all the details about the Klingons so each new writer wouldn't make up a completely new backstory that conflicts with what has already been established on screen.

Yeah basically this, it's almost always associated with TV writing. New writers get hired for season 4 of some dumb show, and instead of having to watch the 3 previous seasons they get a book of all the characters and continuity and such. It's called a "bible" because like Christians are supposed to rigidly follow the actual bible, writers are supposed to rigidly follow whatever's in the show bible.

Username

My nigger JRR Tolkien called that an appendix. All his books were full of them explaining character back stories because his books were quite dense. Like I said I could be the ignoramos here maybe it’s a term 6 figure authors use . Either way it sounds retarded and Pat is obese by BMI and all other medical standards.

A 750 word world bible should never be considered an achievement. Least of all one to tell strangers about.

Last edited:

MonsterSteve

Age.
196-D03-F6-EF47-4352-8547-55-D906-EDE966.jpg

The only people, besides us, who would know or care about Pat's lazy first draft garbage in the first place are the creepy mutant weirdos in his twitter circle, and almost all of them are unemployed. Nice broke audience, stupid.

They sometimes buy each other's shit so they can try to appear online as sophisticated readers who are up on all the latest books and support blah blah gayness etc.

I drink your milkshake, child.
He's working on his next novel "Exponential Growth". It's about his story from 188 pound thin nerd to his 225 pound in shape phase and then finally his final resting phase, 285 pounds of pure lard.