• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I’m losing my mind over this computer question

Mc.Faggot

crumbum
Forum Clout
I’m trying to replace my laptop hard drive with a SSD but the laptop i have didnt ever have a HDD, it was an empty hole, easy enough right?

no, because the SSD didnt come with the metal enclosure that usually comes around these things that secures the drive into the computer

my question is what the fuck do i call the metal shit i put the SSD in so I can mount it into my laptop properly

i have spent two days trying to figure out wtf its called so i can order one

Thank you

after this we are gonna figure out how to get @CumiaPoodle ‘s dell laptop connecting to the internet

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Geek Squad Technician
Forum Clout
thank fuck, you are a good man and i am a retard

now you know anything about laptops not connecting to wifi?
Sometimes a branded laptop uses their own wifi software instead of windows (I am assuming windows) you may have to enable their wifi. For example F9 or something like that. Some shit laptop my mother had years ago had this annoying feature that I had to enable every time

G

thank fuck, you are a good man and i am a retard

now you know anything about laptops not connecting to wifi?
Does it actually have a WiFi card? Just asking since it came with no HDD. Also make sure the antenna wires are connected to it. If it has a WiFi card and the antenna wires are connected, is it showing in Device Manager as a network adapter? If it's an unknown device then you need the drivers. If all that is good, are you seeing your WiFi SSID in the list of networks?

Forum Clout
I’m not a computer guy really but I did buy a pc from my friend and it needed some shit called a dongle to connect to WiFi because he preferred connecting with an Ethernet cable, long story short the dongle sucked ass and I ended up getting the cable too

Mc.Faggot

crumbum
Forum Clout
Does it actually have a WiFi card? Just asking since it came with no HDD. Also make sure the antenna wires are connected to it. If it has a WiFi card and the antenna wires are connected, is it showing in Device Manager as a network adapter? If it's an unknown device then you need the drivers. If all that is good, are you seeing your WiFi SSID in the list of networks?
The SSD was for my laptop.

@CumiaPoodle bought a laptop from me that was connecting to wifi when I sent it, but now wont stay connected. it is really bumming me out because it was working perfect for me over here

once he wakes up im gonna ask him these questions

i think it could be some kinda driver issue, but would that really be an issue from one network to another?

like if it wasnt a driver issue here in my state, would it need a new driver in his state?

it makes me wonder if the wifi card got jostled during shipping, is that a possibility?

thanks everyone for the help

G

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
Forum Clout
So how do ya use one of these things anyway? Do ya put the lighter here and drink the water?

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Forum Clout
duct tape
That's what i did for my moms tower pc when the big ass ancient harddrive failed and i put a SSD in it, some high strength double sided tape is all you need

And for the wi-fi issue it can be anything, they will tell you all this shit connects no issue but it's not quite so irl, some chip/router are not that compatible with eachother even if they say they are, really need to tell us more what laptop it is or router he's using and where is he trying to connect to, was there a wall between them etc

Mc.Faggot

crumbum
Forum Clout
That's what i did for my moms tower pc when the big ass ancient harddrive failed and i put a SSD in it, some high strength double sided tape is all you need

And for the wi-fi issue it can be anything, they will tell you all this shit connects no issue but it's not quite so irl, some chip/router are not that compatible with eachother even if they say they are, really need to tell us more what laptop it is or router he's using and where is he trying to connect to, was there a wall between them etc
@CumiaPoodle comment?