• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I had the time of my life working with Norm

EraGodless

Forum Clout
Artie could be quick and was funny at one time. And Norm had a genuine affection for him.

Channel your anger at Sam Roberts.
I think Artie fucked Norm out of like 60k-100k. It had to do with a gambling debt and I think Norm uses Artie as a bagman to pay it, and Artie fucked off with the cash. Maybe I'm misremembering things.

edit: It was 120k

Last edited:

Mitch Weaver

Wave bye bye, staIker
Forum Clout
I think Artie fucked Norm out of like 60k-100k. It had to do with a gambling debt and I think Norm uses Artie as a bagman to pay it, and Artie fucked off with the cash. Maybe I'm misremembering things.
Damn really, Was that in his book ? I don’t remember ever hearing about that but Artie did morph into a degenerate scumbag so I wouldn’t be surprised.

Forum Clout
I'm getting pissed off at Artie Lange for outliving Norm, Mitch Hedberg, Patrice, and Greg Giraldo. Like it's his fucking fault somehow.
Well if you think about it, all their deaths had to do with having a nose:

Mitch Hedberg and Greg Giraldo: drugs, commonly taken up the nose
Patrice: diabeetus caused by eating delicious unhealthy foods that smell wonderful
Norm: cancer, presumably of the nose.

Artie dodged all those bullets like that stunning and brave tranny in the Matrix.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
Damn really, Was that in his book ? I don’t remember ever hearing about that but Artie did morph into a degenerate scumbag so I wouldn’t be surprised.
u/BrundellFly avatar BrundellFly3y

Artie definitely stole $120,000 of Norm's gambling earnings in 1998​

r/NormMacdonald - Artie definitely stole $120,000 of Norm's gambling earnings in 1998
He talked about the incident while on his book tour last month on Dopey podcast #140 (@ approx 37’16); Artie’s caught off-guard and immediately tries to back out of telling this story. Earlier here.
I think Artie was on the fence about leaving this story in. But the manuscript was already sparse, with little new info and a lot of fleshed-out press clippings. But of all the stories and chapters of cautionary tales the Dirty Work Chapter stands out. It's missing a lot of detail; Gone are all the extended backstories and animated elements that connect this event to Artie’s career timeline (he only dates the story with their gambling on the 1998 NBA Finals), the shady characters who Artie had a felling about are also absent (in the podcast a nameless friend from high school is identified). Also, there are no consequences, no life lesson taught or learned; It’s the only story in the book that just ends; With the exception of his weak Deflection. The two biggest admissions in the book:
  • Artie’s longtime bookie Bobo; he’s the only book he’s ever used, even after moving to LA in the late ‘90’s, Artie made long-distant bets that required frequent air travel back home. Norm asked Artie to introduce him to an east coast bookie, and as Artie says in his book ”By this page in the book, you all know that I had Bobo, so I set him up.” But Bobo never stole Norm’s money or made off with it rather, “Bobo just didn’t show up or answer his phone.” Artie never says Bobo changed his number, but goes into unnecessary specifics on Why A Bookie Would Change His Number.
  • Earlier in the book Artie describes in great detail all the mechanics of placing a bet, the bookie’s isolated role, the phone booths, diners, curriers, shylocks, etc. etc. But specifically, when Artie is employed as a ”bagman, the courier who carries money between a bookie and the guys that place their bets with him,” he immediately quits bc the occupation comes guaranteed w jail time or death, ‘death, if there’s even one dollar missing.’
He also notes the necessity of middlemen / couriers, so the bookie NEVER Has to Travel, where he can be linked to illegal gambling.
In the book, Artie is the middleman. He even shows up at SNL to collect a $100K (loss) from Norm.
By Artie’s own definition, he was responsible for Norm’s embezzled money since he was acting as the middleman (bagman). But in the podcast the middleman is a friend from high school.
In his book (where the publisher's legal fact checks everything), Artie version of events conflict with the same story he told on the podcast. He points the finger at his bookie, but he refuses to blame anyone. A High School Buddy is never even mentioned in this chapter. In the podcast, Artie blames the middleman, who was either Artie’s high school friend or Artie himself.
  • At the End of the chapter, Artie’s flimsy deflection onto Norm’s agitated emotional state only confirms his own guilt:
    “I went to tell Norm in person, because if I did it any other way, he was going to think I was in on it. It didn’t help much because to this day he still thinks that I was. I get it; I was the bookie’s liaison and the guy who introduced them to each other. It wasn’t a good day. Norm was furious. He blamed me, he accused me of stealing from him, and I’ve never seen him so upset. To tell you the truth, it was some scary shit. I don’t think anyone has ever seen Norm so upset.”

Forum Clout
Ya know, I always thought in the back of my mind that time had really caught up to Norm in the past decade, and that he just looked way too old for his age.
I always assumed that it was a lifetime of never really working out, not eating healthy, and smoking.
Now it kinda all makes sense that it was cancer all along. I know a guy that beat cancer around age 30, but by the time he was through he had ghost white hair and looked 50. That shit ages you like a motherfucker

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
u/BrundellFly avatar BrundellFly3y

Artie definitely stole $120,000 of Norm's gambling earnings in 1998​

r/NormMacdonald - Artie definitely stole $120,000 of Norm's gambling earnings in 1998's gambling earnings in 1998
He talked about the incident while on his book tour last month on Dopey podcast #140 (@ approx 37’16); Artie’s caught off-guard and immediately tries to back out of telling this story. Earlier here.
I think Artie was on the fence about leaving this story in. But the manuscript was already sparse, with little new info and a lot of fleshed-out press clippings. But of all the stories and chapters of cautionary tales the Dirty Work Chapter stands out. It's missing a lot of detail; Gone are all the extended backstories and animated elements that connect this event to Artie’s career timeline (he only dates the story with their gambling on the 1998 NBA Finals), the shady characters who Artie had a felling about are also absent (in the podcast a nameless friend from high school is identified). Also, there are no consequences, no life lesson taught or learned; It’s the only story in the book that just ends; With the exception of his weak Deflection. The two biggest admissions in the book:
  • Artie’s longtime bookie Bobo; he’s the only book he’s ever used, even after moving to LA in the late ‘90’s, Artie made long-distant bets that required frequent air travel back home. Norm asked Artie to introduce him to an east coast bookie, and as Artie says in his book ”By this page in the book, you all know that I had Bobo, so I set him up.” But Bobo never stole Norm’s money or made off with it rather, “Bobo just didn’t show up or answer his phone.” Artie never says Bobo changed his number, but goes into unnecessary specifics on Why A Bookie Would Change His Number.
  • Earlier in the book Artie describes in great detail all the mechanics of placing a bet, the bookie’s isolated role, the phone booths, diners, curriers, shylocks, etc. etc. But specifically, when Artie is employed as a ”bagman, the courier who carries money between a bookie and the guys that place their bets with him,” he immediately quits bc the occupation comes guaranteed w jail time or death, ‘death, if there’s even one dollar missing.’
He also notes the necessity of middlemen / couriers, so the bookie NEVER Has to Travel, where he can be linked to illegal gambling.
In the book, Artie is the middleman. He even shows up at SNL to collect a $100K (loss) from Norm.
By Artie’s own definition, he was responsible for Norm’s embezzled money since he was acting as the middleman (bagman). But in the podcast the middleman is a friend from high school.
In his book (where the publisher's legal fact checks everything), Artie version of events conflict with the same story he told on the podcast. He points the finger at his bookie, but he refuses to blame anyone. A High School Buddy is never even mentioned in this chapter. In the podcast, Artie blames the middleman, who was either Artie’s high school friend or Artie himself.
  • At the End of the chapter, Artie’s flimsy deflection onto Norm’s agitated emotional state only confirms his own guilt:
There's a video of Norm talking about this too...just calls Artie a friend. Trying to find it.