How much should it cost to get your gas line replaced?

JebJoh

First, test for leaks. If it’s one fitting or corrosion you can have it fixed and retested. If it passes the pressure test you’re good. If you have to replace it all you’ll save money if you open the walls and ceilings first. But 5 grand is reasonable for a house.

JebJoh

it isn't reasonable in the slightest! recommissioning an old pipe & a leak test, or a new above-ground pipe? $5K, wtf?! Again, I could come from UK for that money.
Are you a racketeer? $5k my ass
You’re an idiot. A legit plumber who can handle gas. Permits repiping a kitchen, laundry room and boiler room. Testing and closing up the pipe chases will work out to around 5 grand. Even more if there are requirements to attach gas detectors. There are ways to do it cheaper but those ways will require the owner to do all the laborer work.

You’re an idiot. A legit plumber who can handle gas. Permits repiping a kitchen, laundry room and boiler room. Testing and closing up the pipe chases will work out to around 5 grand. Even more if there are requirements to attach gas detectors. There are ways to do it cheaper but those ways will require the owner to do all the laborer work.
Sir, my company does commercial work, we ain't worried about a 15ft house pipe. I already acknowledged a separate guy for gas commissioning.
OP said both of his appliances are close together, I take that into account.

If my guys couldn't run a 20meter pipe in less than an hour - including wall fastenings - (& leave it to be commissioned) then they'd be fired on the spot.

JebJoh

I'll take that as a 'yes, correct'... so thanks!
You fucking weirdos and your meters, we're talking 50 FEET of black pipe, new gas meters, branches for water tanks, boilers, dryers and stoves, permits, testing, labeling and then restoring the walls in the kitchen, ceiling in the basement, floors between the basement and the kitchen and final pressure testing with con ed (in my case) not to mention the lead and asbestos testing requirements most building departments have. You'd go broke in a month, but if you want to give it a shot I can give you 200 jobs in the next 200 days to prove your point.

Now back to reality and giving this guy advice, if you let a contractor do all of those things and want to feel safe, 5 grand is not a bad number. If you want to save money, pressure test your gas lines and find the leak, if it is a valve or fitting only, change that for $200, test again and if the pressure test passes you're done. If not, fix the next leak, another 400 and on like that.

If you want to bypass the construction permits, asbestos and lead requirements, open all the walls and ceilings around your gas lines. If no building materials need to be disturbed, no lead or asbestos certs will be needed. So at best you can get your gas problem fixed for $600, at worst, $5000. And if you hire locked, don't pay him until your gas is restored and your equipment is registered because I suspect he has blown up a few houses

HomeRunCumia

SILVIO WHITE NIGGER
no they dont. just abandon the old pipe & have the new one above ground.

I'd almost fly from UK for a 2hr $4k profit... I say $4k because it'd be $100 to get the gas re-commissioned, about $30/worth pipework & the rest for flights. we could negotiate...

I'd rather fly 1st class so let's start there...
Didn't even think about that, you're right. Probably just gonna have my cousin come over and help me run a new one.

I suspect he has blown up a few houses
enough about my personal life... but as I a)implied, & b)intimated ... I would've fired you 3 times before your first ration of government cheese.

I'm just playing now, but @HomeRunCumia if you have any issues then just hit me up... I'll get that done locally for you, fella.