• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

How long before Patrick realizes he'll never get another book published?

BudDickman

Forum Clout
He's done a pretty decent job of convincing people that he is a successful author, but his web of deceit is coming undone. It was easier for him to pretend that his writing hobby is profitable when he was receiving advances and was putting out a book every year. He could pretend that his "full pipeline" of books was generating royalties as the newer ones earned out their advances.

But now he has gaps in his pipeline and no publisher who is showing any interest in his output. I've been meaning to do an analysis of his earnings accounting for several scenarios. Even if he earns out within a year and his books do not decline in sales after a year so that what he earns in royalties for a book every year is equal to the advance (this is a totally implausible best case scenario), he has like five or six books out. So that is 6 * $8.5k = $51k. That is the amount of money that a successful person with an actual career (the type of people he somehow looks down on) earns off of bonuses and RSUs on top of their base compensation.

So even in the most wildly implausible scenario, he's still making not a living wage.

Pringle Can Lothario

Sir...don't do that!
Forum Clout
Last night, I was having a conversation with someone that runs a detailing business here in Scottsdale. Washing high-end cars, and he's having to start people off at $25-$26 an hour.

You could run a vacuum cleaner for some trophy wife's ride, and clear more than Fatrick does off "writing."

TomFromNawlins

Forum Clout
I don’t know how he got any books published at all. His writing is objectively bad, based on all the samples I’ve seen. The premises are derivative. The characterizations are cliche. The exposition is dull. The dialogue is all a single voice: the author’s. He has no command of the language, and his word choices, grammar, and spelling are all poor, like him.

BudDickman

Forum Clout
Well, when he was first introduced to the ONA subreddit, it was "hey this sci-fi writer is pretty feisty on Twitter", not "hey this unemployed fat layabout is pretty feisty". I think when people are first exposed to him they take his credentials at face value, but now the rascals are doing an excellent job of undermining his credibility by linking the KF article every time he gets delusions of grandeur.

RobertMewler

Forum Clout
Well, when he was first introduced to the ONA subreddit, it was "hey this sci-fi writer is pretty feisty on Twitter", not "hey this unemployed fat layabout is pretty feisty". I think when people are first exposed to him they take his credentials at face value, but now the rascals are doing an excellent job of undermining his credibility by linking the KF article every time he gets delusions of grandeur.
And back then he was a blue check so people took him more seriously at first. Oopsie doodles.

Forum Clout
I don’t know how he got any books published at all. His writing is objectively bad, based on all the samples I’ve seen. The premises are derivative. The characterizations are cliche. The exposition is dull. The dialogue is all a single voice: the author’s. He has no command of the language, and his word choices, grammar, and spelling are all poor, like him.
I remember back when that app Vine was popular, there was a literal pants shitting retard being congratulated for getting a book “published.”
Like there was this godawful garage band in my town that got a “record deal,” its completely meaningless