• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

How Jim Norton comes up with his material

CorradoSoprano4

Forum Clout
1714882318868.png

Forum Clout
The last time I saw any footage of his act, he was riffing on "topical" news stories he saw on his phone. When his attempts at being funny failed, he began chatting with the crowd, trying to turn his "bomb" into a bit in a really annoying, self-deprecating way. That was a while ago, though, before he started with this whole sham marriage thing he's doing now. At the moment, his act seems to consist of being constantly humiliated by a shemale prostitute, who mocks and scorns everything about him. And it isn't nearly as funny as he thinks it is.

JebJoh

Forum Clout
Louis CK’s fault you mean. Jim’s acting was horrendous on that show! I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you haven’t seen it in years.
I’m not a critic of the arts, I wouldn’t notice his lack of skill. What I did notice was that he was perfect for the part of weed dealer who babysits and hangs out in the park.

Naked_Militiaman

Powdered Toast Man
Forum Clout
I’m not a critic of the arts, I wouldn’t notice his lack of skill. What I did notice was that he was perfect for the part of weed dealer who babysits and hangs out in the park.
“Critic of the artshh?” :vos_md:
Norton wasn’t perfect for the role at all. He was widely panned for his performance even at the time (by serious comedy fans, never mind art critics. :image_9247: ) Steve Sweeney who was up for the part would’ve been 1000x better but Jim’s wormy influence at the time won out.