How is there AI that can make images out of any prompt, yet there is still no good language translator?

G

Why the fuck does Google translate "Hey how are you?" Into "Hey how you are?" In Japanese, for example? (Not a real example but you get my point)

Shit makes no sense.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
DeepL is a good language translator. Not perfect but much better than Google translate.

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
I would assume you would need to write or speak with perfect grammar to allow the AI to make a good translation to another language. Then you also have words that simply don’t translate or words in one language that mean something else or are combined with another word to mean something else.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Don't focus on grammar when learning a new language, unless you're going into some professional setting. Vocabulary is all you need to know. The person you're speaking to isn't judging your grammar. If anything they're appreciative of you even trying.

I went to a Bosnian wedding years ago and was the only person there that wasn't Bosnian. I'm also darker so I stood out. I was there because it was my friend's relatives and we were super close and invited. I was at a table with niggas who just came from Bosnia just for the wedding and barely knew English. Our combined lack of really knowing what each other was saying was one of the funniest nights ever. Even the older dudes (probably war criminals) would laugh at my vocabulary of mostly swears, food items, greetings, and insults like fat, stupid, and gay without the use of a translator or anything.

I got to finger blast one of the relatives toward the end of the night and never even heard from her again since. Well over 10 years ago lol.

What a night!

G

Google translate works pretty well for the Romance languages. Japanese and the other gook languages are a little trickier because they don't structure sentences and phrases the same way.

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
Don't focus on grammar when learning a new language, unless you're going into some professional setting. Vocabulary is all you need to know. The person you're speaking to isn't judging your grammar. If anything they're appreciative of you even trying.

I went to a Bosnian wedding years ago and was the only person there that wasn't Bosnian. I'm also darker so I stood out. I was there because it was my friend's relatives and we were super close and invited. I was at a table with niggas who just came from Bosnia just for the wedding and barely knew English. Our combined lack of really knowing what each other was saying was one of the funniest nights ever. Even the older dudes (probably war criminals) would laugh at my vocabulary of mostly swears, food items, greetings, and insults like fat, stupid, and gay without the use of a translator or anything.

I got to finger blast one of the relatives toward the end of the night and never even heard from her again since. Well over 10 years ago lol.

What a night!
HE’S A NIGGER!

G

The thing is most speech is composed of idioms. So language translation is way more complicated than word x = word y.

I mean for eg, "The thing is" is an idiom, so a language translator may get the translation of it to Transylvanian or whatever correct, but the odds that Transylvanian also has a sentence structure that corresponds "The thing is" to a well-known idiom is very slim.