• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

How do you find new music to listen to?

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Forum Clout
Used to be I was hip and had my ear to the ground on good shit. Ever since graduating I've been too busy driving hot girls and fucking fast cars to really find more stuff to add to my playlist.
Spotify has okayish suggestions but I can't get it working ad-free on my phone. Youtube is where I save most of my songs but the suggestions suck.
Everyone talked about Pandora when I was a wee Army but its recommendations are very over-popular surface-level tracks.

How can I find some music without having to delve into some nigger reddit? Any good algorithm/AI sites?

FatPatsBaps

Charming, funny, and witty, atalker.
Forum Clout
I only listen to stuff from the 70s. Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974.

If someone can suggest a modern band (still touring) that gives me the same pleasure from listening to Pink Floyd then I'll give you 10 colin quinn reacts.
Check out Swans. They just finished a US tour and their next album is in the works.

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Forum Clout
Drinking in hipster bars/pubs. If something catches my interest:
Screenshot_20240615_112417_One UI Home.jpg

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
Figure out what type of music you like and look for more in that genre. Look at what your favourite bands cited as influences. If you like a band from some type of scene, check out what else was happening in there. That's how I've become fan of a lot of lesser known bands and musicians from decades ago. If you hear a good song in a movie or television show, look up what it was and what else they've done. Be open to everything, I am now a humongous fan of Crowded House and Neil Finn and the only reason I started listening to them was because of Jim Jefferies going on OnA and telling a great story about meeting Neil Finn.

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Forum Clout
Drinking in hipster bars/pubs. If something catches my interest:
View attachment 205827

I've had this for like ten years. Most places play dogshit.
How old are you? By the time you’re 30 you should have heard enough music to not need to ever seek more out.

I know this is shocking for an OnA message board but I'm 20-flurf. And I can't get on the boomer train of just listening to the same Beatles songs for 60 years

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
Spotify figured out my tastes perfectly for like a week and then fucked up. There's a weird website called music map or something that'll show you artists similar to shit you like too. I discovered Skeletal Family with them. Pretty good.

Edit 1. Actually, Spotify is really good now that I think about it. I've added like 5 new bands to my roster in a month and a half.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
On spotify, if I find a new ( to me) band that I like, Ill got to their spotify and scroll down to that bands radio mix under the discography. Often there are other bands/songs Ive never heard of that are in the same ballpark in that playlist. That has been the most effective way for me to get exposed to new music. Once you find a new band, go to their radio playlist and see if it turns up even more obscure music.

Treat Yourself

Forum Clout
I still find good stuff through Pandora sometimes. The deep cuts, discovery, and new releases filters listen pretty good.