Healthy Meals

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
Diet should be a more individualised thing, depending on genetics & lifestyle. I generally go for 1/3 carbs max in a meal, but despite my fat fuck parents I don't need to pay too much attention to diet unless I'm drinking loads.

I'm British, so our food isn't the best. sorry couldn't be more specific, if I think of something nice & healthy I'll edit it in, but drawing a blank now & waiting for inspiration
Fucking hell right about your food. No offense.

But you are correct about an individual diet. As a man who grew up on a steady Scottish breakfast, I don't have the metabolism for such indulgences anymore. Shame, as I miss a good Scotch egg.

I intermittent fast 5-6 days a week, usually for 16-24 hours. Not the easiest to do in the beginning, but it gets easier because your body isn't craving shit like sugar, carbs, and even snacks, as long as you do it right. Fiber is the real trick with that.

Anyway, my healthy meal would probably disgust you because it's basically an all in one hodgepodge to make up the majority of the calories I need for the day. But you can take it as a template and come up with something of your own:

- 3 eggs cooked in avocado oil or coconut oil spray (it's easier)
- a bed of kale
- a serving of prosciutto for flavor and salt
- serving of flaxseed
- serving or two of chia seeds
- handful of diced mushrooms
- 2-3 small cloves of garlic ( cycle this one in and out... You know why)
- feel free to add a serving of shrimp for extra protein and Omega-3, or sardines if you hate yourself (in water only, no added ingredients allowed)
- Mix together with two servings of light sour cream (again, confirm simple ingredients, no additives), pepper flakes, and as much hot sauce as you want so you don't kill yourself (again, ones only with simple ingredients and no sugar - Tabasco is probably the cleanest). Don't forget to drizzle olive oil over it, one serving.

It's not meant to taste the best, but it'll fill you up. Make up your remaining calories with stuff like Macadamia nuts, a good cereal like Magic Spoon or Catalina Crunch (and so you can get something relatively flavorful and fiber-dense), and maybe grass fed & finished beef if you have the time. A serving or two of straight psyllium husk in water over the next hour, then it's just water and coffee the rest of the day.

Then pine for the days of Lorne sausage, morning toast, bangers and mash while you try not to kill yourself for getting old.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
I’ve heard good things about Mediterranean but my usual advice for healthy meals is “whatever makes you shit the best”
Haha those healthy recipes stinks

imagine having to eat two bird seeds and two spinach leaves steamed over middle heat every day for the rest of your life

Just jog 40 min every few days or whatever and eat whatever you want

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
Haha those healthy recipes stinks

imagine having to eat two bird seeds and two spinach leaves steamed over middle heat every day for the rest of your life

Just jog 40 min every few days or whatever and eat whatever you want

I would love if working out was enough for me, but it's not.

I'm active, but when touring it's a mix of massive activity and then long downtime. When you're riding and flying, you can only do so much.

I let myself cheat eat; one week something minor, the next a full meal, and alternate it. Keeps me sane and let's me enjoy what I truly like. But, I don't really miss the crappy food that tastes good - I taste the huge amounts of salt in it, the soybean-oil laden sauces make my gut feel heavy, and the carbs just don't feel good to me anymore. So, I tend to indulge in good food that's good, but isn't something to eat all the time: Thai seafood, Indian dishes, a home cooked Polish or Scottish meal... It really does feel better.

I envy that you're in the "ANYONE CAN DO IT!" club. It's not so bad when you look at food as fuel and not enjoyment.

No, really, I don't want to kill myself, why do you ask?