Firestarter (2022)

17329~2.jpg

G

why don't they ever remake the accepted-as-shit movies that have interesting premises, and then try to make them good?

wasn't this original movie liked? never saw it
I was going to say. Wasn't it basically a TV movie with Drew Barrymore? What's next? Hollywood make a big budget remake of that Rob Lowe movie about the kid with a heart defect?

G

Wow I can't believe something by Stephen King is a piece of shit. The best thing that ever happened to that Maine faggot was Stanley Kubrick. Almost every movie based on his books sucks cock, even most of the ones people allege are good. The van hitting him was cosmic justice for writing Insomnia.

DeadWithoutMyDavid

xe/xim/xey
Wow I can't believe something by Stephen King is a piece of shit. The best thing that ever happened to that Maine faggot was Stanley Kubrick. Almost every movie based on his books sucks cock, even most of the ones people allege are good. The van hitting him was cosmic justice for writing Insomnia.
I like a lot of his stuff but insomnia really was a stinker. Ooh a story about an old man who can't sleep, sounds compelling.

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
I like a lot of his stuff but insomnia really was a stinker. Ooh a story about an old man who can't sleep, sounds compelling.
I was a huge Dark Tower fag (before he he wrote books 4 through 7), so I read Insomnia b/c there was supposed to be a connection. I get goddamn near 600 pages through that boring shit before I get to two sentences with some kid, drawing a picture of Roland. "Him's Roland. Him's a king." or some shit. I almost threw that POS book out the window.

DeadWithoutMyDavid

xe/xim/xey
I was a huge Dark Tower fag (before he he wrote books 4 through 7), so I read Insomnia b/c there was supposed to be a connection. I get goddamn near 600 pages through that boring shit before I get to two sentences with some kid, drawing a picture of Roland. "Him's Roland. Him's a king." or some shit. I almost threw that POS book out the window.
Did you like the end of DT? The time loop thing?

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
yea he clearly hated that Kubrick didn't jump through hoops to make his self insert character likeable like he did in the book. That faggot actually tried to make the reader be sympathetic the abusive alcoholic, HE was the one you should feel bad for.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Dreamcatcher was hilarious. His short stories make better movies than his novels.