• This forum is dedicated exclusively to parody, comedy, and satirical content. None of the statements, opinions, or depictions shared on this platform should be considered or treated as factual information under any circumstances. All content is intended for entertainment purposes only and should be regarded as fictional, exaggerated, or purely the result of personal opinions and creative expression.

Please be aware that this forum may feature discussions and content related to taboo, controversial, or potentially offensive subjects. The purpose of this content is not to incite harm but to engage in satire and explore the boundaries of humor. If you are sensitive to such subjects or are easily offended, we kindly advise that you leave the forum.

Any similarities to real people, events, or situations are either coincidental or based on real-life inspirations but used within the context of fair use satire. By accepting this disclaimer, you acknowledge and understand that the content found within this forum is strictly meant for parody, satire, and entertainment. You agree not to hold the forum, its administrators, moderators, or users responsible for any content that may be perceived as offensive or inappropriate. You enter and participate in this forum at your own risk, with full awareness that everything on this platform is purely comedic, satirical, or opinion-based, and should never be taken as factual information.

If any information or discussion on this platform triggers distressing emotions or thoughts, please leave immediately and consider seeking assistance.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Everyone knows Maddox is a fag, but did anyone notice his writing is awful?

BillKlacks

Incel imposter cyber atalker
I think Erock was secretly behind this. When that guy went off on a rant, he went OFF!
The internet was less populated but also larger. Nothing was really centralized like it is now. If you wanted to put a lot of something online then you'd usually create your own site for it, so it was much more difficult for people to stumble across things. Recommendation algorithms have largely replaced worth of mouth.

So it was fewer people wandering aimlessly around a larger area without any real direction other than word of mouth between one another.

That's my uneducated guess on the matter. Worth noting: I'm a fucking idiot
No child, you are not an idiot. I'm sorry you're not stupid, I can't help you.

EllenTorquehorn

looking for a vehicle
Maddox was just a product of his time tbh
This. His critiques of childrens' drawings was funny for the time, as was some of his other stuff. However Maddox even after cashing in with the stupid Alphabet of Manliness (and the douche chillingly bad second effort How to Punch a Whale or whatever the fuck that was) decided that writing wasn't enough and the world needed to see him and hear his voice.

When everyone discovered that he was a lispy pale homo the jig was up.

Had he stuck to writing he might have been able to stick around longer. Danny may suck at Guitar Hero but he was right about one thing: theater of the mind is a helluva drug.

not that Jack Horner

If you saw me IRL you very likely wouldn't look me
Mid-90s to early 00s was a great time. By 2004 it was mostly over IMO. There was a genuine sense of living 10-15 years ahead of the rest of society for me.

Edit: it was also much more decentralized and anonymous. I really do miss innocuous bullshit like BBS’s and mIRC

i think we all see our era of the internet thru rose colored glasses

decided that writing wasn't enough and the world needed to see him and hear his voice.
No idea what the fuck he was thinking. I remember being excited to see his first video but then it turned out to be an ugly balding man with a weak voice doing a weak bit and the whole thing was douche chills. He really should have taken down that video and never tried it again. At least in his articles he sounded cool (for the time).

not that Jack Horner

If you saw me IRL you very likely wouldn't look me
the internet was a fairly nice and naiive place back in the day. My little mind was blown when I saw that this guy was making fun of children and talking trash. Looking back on it, he was a fag and I'm gay

Oddly enough Ron Bennington said Louis CK broke that barrier in stand up comedy

But it was his own kids

G

No idea what the fuck he was thinking. I remember being excited to see his first video but then it turned out to be an ugly balding man with a weak voice doing a weak bit and the whole thing was douche chills. He really should have taken down that video and never tried it again. At least in his articles he sounded cool (for the time).
Don't forget either that when he was first seen and heard on video, he was a fatass and extremely awkward around people and on camera. He had to lose weight and take improv classes in LA to cure whatever social anxiety and awkward behavior he had. This is probably in part of what turned him into an ultra fag.

I'm not going to shit on him too much for the fat and socially awkward shit though to be honest wit ya. I always assumed everyone took the "manly man I'm a pirate" shit as a joke and knew that he was a fat neckbeard IT guy in Utah raging about dumb shit. That was part of his charm back in those days in my opinion. It was LA and trying to make it in the entertainment biz that made him lose touch.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
I remember how excited I was to see his first video, even though his writing wasn't that funny to me at that point. Then I watched it.
He went from goofy funny, able to laugh at himself (I know it sounds insane, but in one article he described himself as small dicked) to a personality and humor vacuum. Never watched his thing with Masterson, but from all accounts Dick teasing Maddox was the reason to watch it. Masterson isn't funny, either.

G

I remember how excited I was to see his first video, even though his writing wasn't that funny to me at that point. Then I watched it.
He went from goofy funny, able to laugh at himself (I know it sounds insane, but in one article he described himself as small dicked) to a personality and humor vacuum. Never watched his thing with Masterson, but from all accounts Dick teasing Maddox was the reason to watch it. Masterson isn't funny, either.
TBPITU was great, they had chemistree they were fawkin' rawkin' with. Dick isn't funny at all on his own but they complemented each other well. They pulled an O&A by splitting apart, even if Dick got to milk the drama for a shitload of money for way longer than he should have been able to. Not sure how the podcast aged, but it's probably still worth listening to if you have time to burn with it playing in the background.

Wyyzz has inspired me to do a relisten and find out.

Jenna

God ❤️s Fags
I never gave a single fuck about Maddox or Tucker Max, but shit I was a Drew Magary fan. :confused::confused:

Fawk I'd use to submit user roasts when he'd roast each NFL team one at a time like a good lil' paltalker.

Момент Силышенко

The Butcher of Slutsk
I remember the Darwin Awards. I thought, No way you could write them these days, some faggot j**rnalist will be all over you for making fun of an idiot who killed himself. I checked in and they are still going, even with dark humor, but the site looks like it did years ago and there are like four entries a year.

Uncle Anthony Cumia

Hot tubs, guns and slack jawed brothers
That one ruled, but I haven’t read it since 2002 or whenever that was, so maybe it isn’t as good as I remember.

Maddox always felt like a ripoff of something awful, which was also shit in retrospect. Hopefully Maddox continues to take influence from Lowtax.
Something awful was the Down syndrome brother of “stuff white people like” with a smooth brained attempt at being The Atlantic thrown in.

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
So it was fewer people wandering aimlessly around a larger area without any real direction other than word of mouth between one another.
You're right; I remember how great it was finding a new Everything/Nothing blog (I.e. user submitted posts, like Reddit) so that you'd have new funny stuff to read.

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
Tucker Max was exposed as a fraud and Maddox sued a guy for a billion dollars for being called a cuck. Time to flush the 90's down the toilet. And then the aughts.

AthleticPowerfulChicken-max-1mb.gif