Everybody I know who lives a normal productive life stopped using public social media years ago

DominusOdium

Self Styled Brothaman
If, after seeing what can be done with someone who is social media obsessed and posts their whole fucking life online by folks around here, you continue to hand over your entire lived experiences to internet conglomerates, the government and whatever day laborers obsessed with a defunct radio show might come along..... You get what you fucking deserve.

I was already minimizing my presence online for awhile. Watching the pig roast made me aggressive about closing all that I could.

RobertMewler

This...

I only used FB for its marketplace and even that was a waste of time as there were better apps. Anyone who uses these things for business is a loser. Even people like Speaking For Funny on YT who barely make a $$$ from their patreon I consider losers even if I watch.
Where we at with the bumping an 8 month old post? :)

G

I started a fb account when you needed a university account to join. Had it for a couple of years and then deleted it. The two things that made the decision for me - 1) my aunt friend requested me and 2) this guy I knew, who was a solid dude, posted a photo of his dinner. That was the one that really made me leave. This site has turned this guy into a queer, I remember thinking.

G

It makes absolutely no sense why anyone with a career and responsibilities would use social media in this day and age. It started off as a way to connect with lost connections, but is now nothing but a massive liability.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
It makes absolutely no sense why anyone with a career and responsibilities would use social media in this day and age. It started off as a way to connect with lost connections, but is now nothing but a massive liability.
Funny you say that, I work for a pretty big name company and they actually have you sign a social media disclosure when hired just in case you post anything controversial they can fire you for it. I’m sure many big companies have been or starting to do this since social media seems to lead to nothing but trouble

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
hehe I knew you were gonna call me out on it, I was searching for a specific thread but stumbled on this and saw your post and ribbed it.

awkward!

You have been caught red handed, stlaker. Let's hope mew is better at getting restraining orders than a certain pig from Milwaukee.