Dune question for non book reader

G

Does Paul the main character actually have super powers or is he just hallucinating from the spice the whole time? Can he actually see into the future and control people with his mind? I was also wondering if the families aren't just breeding mega autists who take the spice and become charles mansons.

The movie is cool, I like that Villanue director fella's flicks. The plot itself is just beyond stupid. It's a children's fantasy for nerd boomers. Why doesn't the Paul kid just use his super voice on everybody and yell LINE UP HERE AND GO FUCK YOURSELVES and do what he wants? At the end when the war ships come down I'd take the comms and be like BACK OFF FUCKFACE, THIS AIN'T YOUR SHOW. I have superpowers. Why am I knife fighting with this autistic psychopath, I can tell him to blow me, I have super powers?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
His power is that he can see all possible futures. And he chooses the best one for humanity based on what he sees in his mind and how he interprets everything. The drug he takes makes people incredibly intelligent. He has the genetics to take more of the drug and survive than anyone alive and not overdose. That's his 'chosen one' ability.

His son in the books inherits the ability as well. And then transforms himself into one of those giant worms. By fusing with one using the same drugs. The books and movies are the typical nerdy fag story that make no sense. The two weapons in the Dune books are sharp knives and nuclear bombs. It's all so autistic.

G

His power is that he can see all possible futures. And he chooses the best one for humanity based on what he sees in his mind and how he interprets everything. The drug he takes makes people incredibly intelligent. He has the genetics to take more of the drug and survive than anyone alive and not overdose. That's his 'chosen one' ability.

His son in the books inherits the ability as well. And then transforms himself into one of those giant worms. By fusing with one using the same drugs. The books and movies are the typical nerdy fag story that make no sense. The two weapons in the Dune books are sharp knives and nuclear bombs. It's all so autistic.

Yeah, again I keep coming back to the fact he can control people with his voice. That should've been the end of the story - then Paul screamed EVERYONE BE NICE! and they lived happily ever after. There's so many plot holes, does the book explain them?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Yeah, again I keep coming back to the fact he can control people with his voice. That should've been the end of the story - then Paul screamed EVERYONE BE NICE! and they lived happily ever after. There's so many plot holes, does the book explain them?
The author died at book six before anything was fully explained. It's like Star Wars where the force and lightsabers "just work" because that's how Lucas wanted them to work. Any deeper explanation is pointless because it takes away from the mindless fun.

HeyItsVos

I like the part towards the end where he used his voice power against the old witch and the bald psychopath kid was even taken aback. That was like the only time he was impressed by something.

G

how did you know what book the OP was talking about. there's like hundreds of them.

Joe's False Teethers

Moo moo moo moo
I hate high fantasy where half the experience is remembering the meanings of made up words and historical details that don't matter. There's no way I'm reading Dune or Lord of the Rings or any of that. It's for autists, by autists. But the movie was fun to sit through so long as you pee before it starts.
These authors were certainly called faggots in school

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
They changed how the voice works in the movie. In the book it's not a superpower, it's more that you have such incredible skill with language that you can get anyone to do what you want by saying the right thing, in the right way, in the correct order.
The author died at book six before anything was fully explained. It's like Star Wars where the force and lightsabers "just work" because that's how Lucas wanted them to work. Any deeper explanation is pointless because it takes away from the mindless fun.
Everything that needed to be explained was in the books so I'm not sure what you needed explained. In fact, the books were quite autistic about explaining everything.