• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Dr Strange in the madness of blah blah blah

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Forum Clout
I take it in the ass daily. I also liked the first Dr Strange movie. I also love Sam Raimi.

It's good. It's darker than most. A lot of Raimi's trade mark cinematography. Plenty of Evil Dead bits. Including Bruce Campbell.

You need to of watched WandaVision to have a idea of who the villain is. That shouldn't be. But it is in this case

Without spoiling to much (Someone else will do it). There is a lot of new franchises introduced into this. And they get destroyed. That made me happy.

Last edited:

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
It's possible to like Marvel movies and not dress/eat like someone who does. The truth is there have always been popcorn action movies and Marvel movies are a cut above the vast majority of them. I agree with Scorsese that society is putting *too* much stock in them culturally, but they can be a source of good in bringing some good storytelling and as a way to raise profile/funding for studios/actors/directors to put out material with much more significance and lasting power.

What do I know about movies, though? I just buy a ticket, eat some popcorn, and keep my head down and enjoy.

G

I go see most of the well rated Marvel movies and I actually like the Dr. Strange shit. Didn't watch WandaVision except for the first episode and a half. Do I need to watch that shit first or can I just skip it if I get the gist of what's going on?

FWIW, I kinda like the Hawkeye show.

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
I love Sam Raimi, and of course I love Bruce Campbell, beyond their Evil Dead work. Drag Me to Hell is a very underrated fun ride of a movie, and Campbell's work is Brisco County, Jack of All Trades and (of course) Burn Notice are top notch. His books were very well written and fun as hell.

Having said that, I am torn on this one. I have seen every Raimi movie so far, but I am just kinda done with the Marvel movies. They were fun for a while, but then the "formula" became obvious and there was a movie every 6 months or so, and after that Captain Marvel fiasco, I was done.

So I dunno.

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Forum Clout
I go see most of the well rated Marvel movies and I actually like the Dr. Strange shit. Didn't watch WandaVision except for the first episode and a half. Do I need to watch that shit first or can I just skip it if I get the gist of what's going on?

FWIW, I kinda like the Hawkeye show.
Just watch this and you will be good to go. I did just to remind myself of what's going on:

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Forum Clout
I love Sam Raimi, and of course I love Bruce Campbell, beyond their Evil Dead work. Drag Me to Hell is a very underrated fun ride of a movie, and Campbell's work is Brisco County, Jack of All Trades and (of course) Burn Notice are top notch. His books were very well written and fun as hell.

Having said that, I am torn on this one. I have seen every Raimi movie so far, but I am just kinda done with the Marvel movies. They were fun for a while, but then the "formula" became obvious and there was a movie every 6 months or so, and after that Captain Marvel fiasco, I was done.

So I dunno.
You will enjoy Dr Strange. Just don't bother with Morbius. The vampire looks cool. But the movie is poorly written. I lasted 20 mins.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Forum Clout

So I dunno.
I love Drag Me To Hell. The Gift is underrated as well, plus, your get to see Katy Holmes' tig 'ol bitties.
Dark Man also slaps.

Renaus

Forum Clout
1651824823422.png

I know that this little nig appears in the movie. The last superhero movie that I watched was Winter Soldier.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
I think I saw iron man in a "it's on in the background way"

Just no interest in this genre for the most part. I saw the dark knight which was a good action film abs it tricked me into watching the 1st and 3rd of that trilogy but I just have so much more I want to spend my time doing than watching 10 3 hour films a year about the same shite

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
Went and saw it last night. I've grown tired of most of the Marvel shit, but I love Sam Rami and the first Doctor Strange movie was actually pretty good. I actually had a really good time. It's not anything great, but way more inspired than probably any of the other Marvel movies. Around the halfway point it was like Marvel just let Sam Rami loose and do whatever he wanted. Was pretty surprised by how violent some of the deaths were. I also wasn't expecting for how heavily it leaned into the horror genre in the 2nd half. Some parent brought there kid who was freaking out at the jump scares which was funny. You could see a ton of Rami's horror and Evil Dead influence in there.

And as you said bringing in all those new characters who the fans were looking forward to only to slaughter them 5 minutes later was great.

G

So I dunno.
Drag Me to Hell fucked me up with their depictions of Hell for such innocent people. Don't get me wrong, I'd laugh my fawkin' ass off if someone like Patrick was dragged away like that, but not the people it happened to in that film.

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
Drag Me to Hell fucked me up with their depictions of Hell for such innocent people. Don't get me wrong, I'd laugh my fawkin' ass off if someone like Patrick was dragged away like that, but not the people it happened to in that film.
I remember that final scene happening, and just sitting in the theater stunned. Not often that a movie can do that sort of thing to you.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
I need to watch that one again. I had a fucking blast watching that in theaters

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Forum Clout
Thank you gentlemen. I'm going to watch Drag Me To Hell, tonight. All I remember is the ending on the tracks (Fantastic). And, I enjoyed the movie. Time for round 2.