• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Does anyone have the screenshots of his bookscan numbers?

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
Forum Clout
1701284335688.png

can dig out the actual bookscan screenshots if needed

DominusOdium

Come back, Liz Clarke
Forum Clout
Just in case anyone was wondering losing ~90% of your audience from first book to sixth book isn't a good sign of success or growth. Neither is selling under 300 copies total on a major publisher who spent the money to print trade size instead of mass market. Even if you look just at his Tor deal with the much larger exposure lost 70% of his audience for them over three books. And he didn't start real strong.

These are not the numbers that signal a professional author. Self published authors sell well over 300 copies. JDA, EVS, Janeski... Any of the good guy guest stars I would put my left nut on the line to bet they easily perform better on any of their books.

You're not midlist tubbo, you're unemployed. And it's due to your failure.

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
Forum Clout
Bookscan only covers retail print sales, correct? He would have sold some books online. He also seems to have books in a lot of libraries..but those sales only happen once.
It has sections for some audiobooks and some ebooks.
Bookscan themselves say they cover about 80% of the market so there is room for error.

These numbers will not include
ebook sales through various retailers.
some audiobooks
library books (I did a rough scour through the US and canadian library system + United kingdom to get some numbers. I doubt in total it is over 2000 copies for all his titles.)
His legendary handselling at conventions

He has indicated previously that he negotiated different rights for the ebook and audiobooks separate from his publisher.
Without knowing his numbers for these retailers it would be hard to gauge the income generated from that. Suffice to say, from his physical copies the royalties are a couple of Meatloaf Units annually. He is most likely only collecting royalties on 2 of his books, the rest have unlikely passed the threshold of copies that need to be sold. Especially if fatty is to be believed that he was paid 6 figures for his TOR, they are a long long way from that. Particulary when all these ebooks and audiobooks that he claims to sell wouldn'g count towards that.

Hilariously that while that was a good move to do for fatty (back then). Now it will work against him. No publisher will pick him up on his retail copies sold and would want the full rights to ebook and audio. Will pats stubbornness work against him (again)?

If we were to double his sales, he would be eligible to royalties on 1 maybe 2 more books.
He would have sold 12,000 copies from 6 books over 8+ years.
I bet Ade is seething she let that one go..

Faggot Boqposter

The Alawite Assassin
Forum Clout
It has sections for some audiobooks and some ebooks.
Bookscan themselves say they cover about 80% of the market so there is room for error.

These numbers will not include
ebook sales through various retailers.
some audiobooks
library books (I did a rough scour through the US and canadian library system + United kingdom to get some numbers. I doubt in total it is over 2000 copies for all his titles.)
His legendary handselling at conventions

He has indicated previously that he negotiated different rights for the ebook and audiobooks separate from his publisher.
Without knowing his numbers for these retailers it would be hard to gauge the income generated from that. Suffice to say, from his physical copies the royalties are a couple of Meatloaf Units annually. He is most likely only collecting royalties on 2 of his books, the rest have unlikely passed the threshold of copies that need to be sold. Especially if fatty is to be believed that he was paid 6 figures for his TOR, they are a long long way from that. Particulary when all these ebooks and audiobooks that he claims to sell wouldn'g count towards that.

Hilariously that while that was a good move to do for fatty (back then). Now it will work against him. No publisher will pick him up on his retail copies sold and would want the full rights to ebook and audio. Will pats stubbornness work against him (again)?

If we were to double his sales, he would be eligible to royalties on 1 maybe 2 more books.
He would have sold 12,000 copies from 6 books over 8+ years.
I bet Ade is seething she let that one go..
Thanks.

I’m guessing he self publishes, “wrong in every last delusional detail as always, stlaker” to anyone who teases him about that, and brags about how many hand sales and “private orders” he takes.