• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Do any of your parents have strange quirks?

No matter what it was, my father "knew a guy" who could get/do it way better and way cheaper. Sometimes it worked out great, sometimes it was a total debacle. He also had no ability whatsoever to resist taking part in local raffles, especially church raffles.

My mother could not lie. Whenever she tried it was just pitiful. She would also frequently move things for no reason. Like there'd be a bottle opener in the same kitchen drawer for ten years, then one day she'd use it and put it away in an entirely different place.

Snake

I wouldn't call that a quirk, the majority of barbers and hairdressers are shit. Hard to find a good one. We need another Hairdresser Hate Thread.
Every man has a particular taste in how they want their hair to look. I spent years going to a run of the mill place I hate for years as they'd always make shit uneven or just outright not even cut. I even went as far as going to a higher end place in the city and while it was noticeably better and the people were nicer, my girl always ended up having to touch it up.

Now I just make her do it.

372ec831f64924b10293e47d1833c9a6.jpg

If you're lucky enough to get a girl that knows how to cut hair, it's one less headache you have to worry about. You can go into any hair supply store and buy a clipper that has all the different blade guard lengths.

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
My father would steal trash bins from all our neighbors until we had about five or six of them in our backyard. When they came over to complain, he'd just tell them to fuck off. Eventually, my mom made him get rid of all but two of them.

No matter what it was, my father "knew a guy" who could get/do it way better and way cheaper. Sometimes it worked out great, sometimes it was a total debacle.
That sounds like everybody's dad.

Last edited:

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
my mum would drop me off from mass only for me to be waiting for a half hour for my dad to wake up from his drunken pished state and finally let me in, quirky fella

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
My dad sneezes really loudly through his mouth and throat, rather than nose, and yells "Oh shut up!" at himself after the second or third sneeze, even in a public place.
The older men get, the louder the sneezing and snoring. My dad sneezes at a yelling pitch and he snores louder than the TV he falls asleep to. It sounds like a fucking power tool is going off.

Both my mom and dad are hoarders. They keep a clean house but one bedroom is totally full of shit. My mom keeps clothes my siblings and I wore in 4th grade. My dad’s garage is just full of so many tools and random car parts. Every time I go over there I remind them that when they die, I’m just going to throw it all away.
My mom is an anti-hoarder. She can’t wait to toss stuff out or give something away. She accidentally threw out some old family pictures during one of her clean-out episodes and then got mad at herself, but that didn’t change her behavior at all. She also can’t keep a car for too long before getting a new one. The 3-year lease is too long of a wait for her.

Cptbaldopie

Mine sure do.

My father has had the same person cut his hair for over 30 years. He's gone months without one because he was out of the state and couldn't get a haircut from someone else.

There are others too. What do you fellas have?
Can't blame your dad on this o e. Took me a whole and I found a good place. Still get the strait razor shave before special occasions there.

Cptbaldopie

Both my mom and dad are hoarders. They keep a clean house but one bedroom is totally full of shit. My mom keeps clothes my siblings and I wore in 4th grade. My dad’s garage is just full of so many tools and random car parts. Every time I go over there I remind them that when they die, I’m just going to throw it all away.
Any of the tools good?