• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

CokeLogic kicking thread

Single Action Army

We ain't goon hooligans we Maloonigans
Forum Clout
Remember that fat dude who got big because he did something no one else bothered doing?

Apparently he's still at it and doesn't appear to have improved in the last 15 years.

Even though his old stuff with the cut-outs was kinda low skill and ugly, it at least had a unique look to it. This is like GoAnimate but with terrible subject matter. Didn't he have some hand in the shitty make-up cartoon for the Chip Podcast as well?

Stuff like this, even though amateurish, has way more personality.

He got worshipped by the hosts probably because they've not seen anything contemporarily animated besides South Park (or Jimmy who hasn't seen anything at all, but he'd let you know if he did... genuinely).

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
The problem always was that it's obscenely low effort.

Good animation programs, while limited in fluidity, are typically modifiable where you can still make it memorable. Aqua Teen is as stilted as you can get, but it makes me laugh my ass off despite being cheap, and I can recognize it a mile away.

You don't need to be Max Fleischer quality, but this is even worse than Filmation Star Trek.

Single Action Army

Forum Clout
Aqua Teen is as stilted as you can get, but it makes me laugh my ass off despite being cheap, and I can recognize it a mile away.

The writing is why people watched it; any animation that didn't look like total crap (and it usually did) was just a bonus.

But if you're animating existing audio, you can't really lean on the dialogue because people know it already. It's not something you're supplying, so if you're going to the effort to transform it, you should at least make it actually interesting to look at.

Coke didn't really. It was mostly just still figures with a few lip-sync cycles. Best you could say he did was add some background visuals to the scene or put a mustache on Jim's characters. It reminds me of those garbage videos of like Cumtown or OneyPlays "animated" wherein it's just a chicken scratch animatic with a slide show of new pictures every few seconds.

He never added any detail to the scenes not explicitly mentioned in the radio stories either. They're just laundry lists with no expanse on the imagination.

UnPRePared

Forum Clout
The writing is why people watched it; any animation that didn't look like total crap (and it usually did) was just a bonus.

But if you're animating existing audio, you can't really lean on the dialogue because people know it already. It's not something you're supplying, so if you're going to the effort to transform it, you should at least make it actually interesting to look at.

Coke didn't really. It was mostly just still figures with a few lip-sync cycles. Best you could say he did was add some background visuals to the scene or put a mustache on Jim's characters. It reminds me of those garbage videos of like Cumtown or OneyPlays "animated" wherein it's just a chicken scratch animatic with a slide show of new pictures every few seconds.

He never added any detail to the scenes not explicitly mentioned in the radio stories either. They're just laundry lists with no expanse on the imagination.

Very valid point. Going back to my Filmation comment, I enjoy the animated Star Trek because it still felt like Star Trek, the writing held up. The animation, or lack thereof, never did.

But when you're animating radio, his cartoons are no better than watching a real live Twitch feed. Smigels "TV Funhouse" had terrible animation, but added imaginative visuals while using existing audio. Cokelogic wouldn't even try to do that.

I never saw his appeal myself. The only reason I even liked his "Standalone Fruit" video is because I love the Fez bit as it was.

Single Action Army

Forum Clout
The only reason I even liked his "Standalone Fruit" video is because I love the Fez bit as it was.

The only one I kinda like is his "It's cold out here," because his ugly spartan cutout style lends perfectly to the surreal creepiness of that story. (Then again, Patrice still does all the heavy lifting by already telling a good story, and telling it well).

Dude should have been animating creepypastas for a 10-16 year old audience, not a comedy radio show.

UnPRePared

Forum Clout
The only one I kinda like is his "It's cold out here," because his ugly spartan cutout style lends perfectly to the surreal creepiness of that story. (Then again, Patrice still does all the heavy lifting by already telling a good story, and telling it well).

Dude should have been animating creepypastas for a 10-16 year old audience, not a comedy radio show.

You've made me picture Cokelogic using his shit animation for Worms "Power" scene, and how it would actually improve his acting.

"This winter is fucking endless!"