Calling all cooks!

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
It's a boring friday night here so instead of going out to party or whatever people do nowadays I sat here at home and fooled about in the kitchen.

Giving this a go at the moment - https://www.farmersalmanac.com/hobo-bread-33640 - doesn't look the greatest but I had all the ingredients on hand so figured what the hell. Forgive me for making a semi-worthless topic but I am trying to entertain myself while waiting for the timer to go off.

Been reading up on different recipes that can be cooked outside at a camp site. I have delusions of grandeur of spending a lot of time outdoors this winter. I plan on setting up a stealth camp at a lake and hopefully doing a few overnight stays once the winter weather kicks in. When push comes to shove I probably won't get off my ass to do such but here's to hoping.

edit- timer just went off but still needs a few more minutes. Hard to describe the aroma I am smelling at the moment. It doesn't necessarily smell bad per say but it's not overly pleasant. A lot of the recipes called for water over coffee but I wanted to stick with the so called "original" recipe so I used coffee, I wonder if that fucked it up. Right now it is looking like a nutraloaf one might see in a prison.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
You should pair it with some of these fish bones, stupid.
1663397163782.png

All ribbing aside I'd like to try a lil bit just a taste.

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
You should pair it with some of these fish bones, stupid.
View attachment 65587
All ribbing aside I'd like to try a lil bit just a taste.

The recipe didn't sound disgusting but now I am doubting my efforts. I kinda feel like the poor alleycats would thumb their nose up at this damn thing. Still holding up hope it doesn't taste like burnt coffee grounds. It never hurts to try new things right? At least that is what I been telling myself for the past hour.

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
Well I finally worked up the nerve to try a sample. Over all it isn't terrible, tastes like a cinnamon raisin bread with the cinnamon flavor replaced with a soft bitter coffee flavor. I can see why something like this might be popular for folks who only have access to a handful of different ingredients as a way to spice things up but I don't see myself making this very often. Will have to get a second or third opinion on this if any company stops over this weekend.

2 out of 5 stars

ihatejimnorton.png

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Looks like it wouldn’t be bad with a nice cup of hot joe, brothaman.

In other cooking adventures, I managed to fuck my intestines up pretty good yesterday because I got impatient when cooking dried beans (Louie!). Soaked them over night and everything but only boiled them for an hour. I woke up the next morning with what felt like a massive gas bubble in my stomach/intestines. Shit lasted all day and I had to walk around hunched over like an old man. #ruizing

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Well I finally worked up the nerve to try a sample. Over all it isn't terrible, tastes like a cinnamon raisin bread with the cinnamon flavor replaced with a soft bitter coffee flavor. I can see why something like this might be popular for folks who only have access to a handful of different ingredients as a way to spice things up but I don't see myself making this very often. Will have to get a second or third opinion on this if any company stops over this weekend.

2 out of 5 stars

View attachment 65590
Even Hooligans wouldn't serve this shit.