• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Burnt Bawby

Gronez_Bambatta

Forum Clout
Screenshot_20231221_163154_Instagram.jpg

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
I'm kind of a fag for The Addams Family. I love the old sitcom too.

John Astin was a great, but very sanitized, Gomez. To compensate for losing the dark humour, they embraced the absurdity of a macabre family unit being more loving and "normal" than typical households were.

The movies with Raul Julia were able to bring back the black humour and dark quips from the original strip. And for being Barry Sonnenfeld's first film - and a movie Orion sold off to Paramount mid-production to temporarily stave off bankruptcy - it still holds up. I still go back and forth on if the sequel is even better, sometimes it feels like it really is.

Dude me too. Not wild about the newer CG movies, however. But Luis Guzman as Gomez in Wednesday is inspired casting.

Gosia loved that show, and had to force me to watch it. Not my cup of tea as a procedural, but when they leaned into the family, like Fester and Gomez, THAT felt like the show I wanted to see. And she's a damn good Wednesday, almost as natural as Ricci.

100%. It's spot on.

I have a hardback collection of Charles Addams strips, and man he went dark. A lot of suicide themed gags. I'm surprised that they flew back then.

American entertainment was so strange back then. Books and even plays could get away with a hell of a lot more than television and movies, especially before the rating system.

The post-code, pre-ratings era has a lot of classics, but also ruined the potential of plenty of films at the time.