Brightburn (2019)

Feltch My Ass

Dan posting, it’s what’s for Dinner
I enjoyed it

Imagine if Superman came to Earth and was Evil

It’s about a 12 year old, and it’s interesting because the script feels like it was written by a 12 year old

They go really over the top on the gore, in a really juvenile way. which I appreciated.

It’s in the same universe as Super (2010), which is the superior movie. I actually recommend you watch that more than this. It also handles the violence in a way that I appreciate, it feels feel.

You see the “twists” coming a mile away. nothing special about the script or any of the performances. You are just watching the parents deal with their kid who all of a sudden becomes an asshole supervillian.

I hope they make the sequel, just because they are supposed to being the “Crimson Bolt” from Super back and do a whole bizarro justice league thing

Last edited:

Feltch My Ass

Dan posting, it’s what’s for Dinner
Saw it when it came out. I don't remember much other than thinking it was meh

It’s very meh, but I dunno, it had some kind of potential.

Like I said, they actually “went there” with the violence, in every way you could.

the movie also explained why he didn’t “have sex” with any of the girls, by showing the disembowled pictures he jerked off too mixed with lingerie ads

and then you see he later in the film, that he disemboweled his crushes’ mom and kept her by the space ship

that was a very subtle way to introduce that sexual aspect without being gross or pedo hollywood about it

so much of it was well done, even the corny outfit and logo felt like something a 12 would think was bad ass

CuntFucker .

Danny Doll Eyes
It's on my list because of the interesting premise. Might watch it this weekend. The Super (2010) tie-in sold it for me. That's a good bad movie I have to re-watch. Everybody involved seems talented but still it didn't work out.

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Have to say, I liked Brightburn. It's basically, what if a future school shooter had superhuman powers?

Gonna have to check out Super.