Bobby Heenan (and Gorilla Monsoon) appreciation thread

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
No announcer has ever surpassed Heenan. I've come across plenty through tapes and the Internet, no one was as fast as him.

Between his quip when Shawn kicked Marty through the glass window, or when he did a 180 on Piper at the Rumble who had just thrown out an opponent of Flair's and then proceeded to beat on Flair himself, or this one here...

I don't know, this transcends the otherwise stupid wrestling phenomena. He was genuinely funny, even up to his Hall of Fame induction. Saddened me when he lost his ability to speak. Such a Fuck you from the universe, I thought.

UnPRePared

Really sad when he cried at the Hall of Fame speech and said the only thing he wanted was for Gorilla Monsoon to be there. They really loved each other.

There was no better combo. You hear a lot of people talk up Ventura, and for the South, Gordon Solie - and I respect both of them - but they're not The Brain, or Gorilla. And especially not both.

This here, even more than the Jannety Kick ("What an act of cowardice"), sums up Heenan like no one else: The 1992 Royal Rumble. It's an hour, so it's a bit of work, but from the moment Ric Flair enters the ring (who Heenan was managing during that run), Bobby is on fucking fire til the very end. This was so good, that the Heenan DVD I imported has this whole match as a bonus feature.

G

There was no better combo. You hear a lot of people talk up Ventura, and for the South, Gordon Solie - and I respect both of them - but they're not The Brain, or Gorilla. And especially not both.

This here, even more than the Jannety Kick ("What an act of cowardice"), sums up Heenan like no one else: The 1992 Royal Rumble. It's an hour, so it's a bit of work, but from the moment Ric Flair enters the ring (who Heenan was managing during that run), Bobby is on fucking fire til the very end. This was so good, that the Heenan DVD I imported has this whole match as a bonus feature.

[MEDIA=youtube]-XPi2RKYPX0[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=youtube]CQCzPFpATtA[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=youtube]5CST2vPii7Y[/MEDIA]

G

How many beers do you think Heenan, Perfect, and Flair crushed that night?

[MEDIA=youtube]o4o1wgItPCE[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=youtube]-XPi2RKYPX0[/MEDIA]

Say “Cookie”

ShutYourCakehorn/gassers Alt
Really sad when he cried at the Hall of Fame speech and said the only thing he wanted was for Gorilla Monsoon to be there. They really loved each other.

They were not only incredibly close, but their families were as well. At least from what I have heard. Heenan was going to quit WCW on the spot if they didn’t do a Gorilla Monsoon tribute that night, according to what I remember from the Brain talking about Gorilla. The Brain would have made a lot of money had he been a comedian in the 60s instead of becoming a wrestler.

UnPRePared

Roddy Piper was fucking intense. Gotta love the guy! He respected and loved his craft.

Oh, and Maher is a smug cunt.

I hate how he's not often mentioned under best promos. Guy could sell any match with just his words, body language and eyes. It's why he was a decent actor, from They Live to It's Always Sunny.