Bloated nothingness shite in case you were wondering

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
f618af2a64f3079f45318d377a6d97e8.jpg

These fucks should've retired 20 years ago.

"We have enough material for 2 double albums."

Do ya?

G

I clicked 4 songs at random and listened to about a minute of each. Just in that short time I had to check twice to make sure I hadn't started the same song over. I can't believe they released one double album that sounded like especially tepid Stadium Arcadium leftovers and thought "How could we deny the public more of that?"

The only thing I remember was this particularly bad Kiedis line:

She wants to live in L.A.,
come put your ash in my tray

Frusciante must have been going broke to rejoin for this shit.

G

Frusciante's solo records from 2001 to 2009 are better than anything the Red Hot Chili Peppers have ever done. He needed da money!

[MEDIA=youtube]-G2n6UqOWIo:64[/MEDIA]
I agree 100%. I still listen to The Empyrean, Shadows Collide With People, Inside of Emptiness and Curtains regularly. I thought him coming back might at least result in some interesting musical moments, but everything I've heard sounds like a very nervous guitar player doing a John impression.

G

I agree 100%. I still listen to The Empyrean, Shadows Collide With People, Inside of Emptiness and Curtains regularly. I thought him coming back might at least result in some interesting musical moments, but everything I've heard sounds like a very nervous guitar player doing a John impression.

I hoped he would at least bring some of his electronic shit into it to spice it up a bit and make it more exciting. But this is just run of the mill boring stuff. I also hoped he would produce the records but they brought back that bore Rick Rubin.

G

I hoped he would at least bring some of his electronic shit into it to spice it up a bit and make it more exciting. But this is just run of the mill boring stuff. I also hoped he would produce the records but they brought back that bore Rick Rubin.
I read one review that said a couple tracks have some electronic stuff on them, but I can't bring myself to wade through 75 minutes of modern Chili Peppers to find it.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Frusciante's solo records from 2001 to 2009 are better than anything the Red Hot Chili Peppers have ever done. He needed da money!

I remember somebody on here saying he got completely wiped out in a recent divorce. Makes total sense. After hearing these two garbage albums they’ve released since he’s been back, I’m convinced he only rejoined for da money.

The guy is a genius at his best but you wouldn’t even know it was him playing on these albums. Might as well be a session musician. Anyone can do it! :image_9247:

G

I remember somebody on here saying he got completely wiped out in a recent divorce. Makes total sense. After hearing these two garbage albums they’ve released since he’s been back, I’m convinced he only rejoined for da money.

The guy is a genius at his best but you wouldn’t even know it was him playing on these albums. Might as well be a session musician. Anyone can do it! :image_9247:
She tried to, she wanted to get her hands on Chili Peppers residuals. I just looked it up and I guess they ended up settling for a one time payment of $1.6 million. I wouldn't think that would hurt a guy at his level, but who knows. Also he bankrolled her music career before and during the marriage, and when she wanted that to continue post-separation he hilariously said:

"I don't know if you can call her recording efforts a hobby or a pastime, ... but it seems improper to characterize Nicole as a professional musician."

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
I liked Dark Necessities. The shit with Klinghoffer at the helm was their most "experimental" stuff ever and instead of having two guitarists and getting really crazy, they told him to fuck off. Idiots.

These are the ways when you come from America?

ARE THEY????

G

I liked Dark Necessities. The shit with Klinghoffer at the helm was their most "experimental" stuff ever and instead of having two guitarists and getting really crazy, they told him to fuck off. Idiots.

These are the ways when you come from America?

ARE THEY????
I didn't really care for the music, but I did like that they tried to be a little different. Klinghoffer is a really good musician in his own right. I'd prefer to hear him do something with just Frusciante again, totally separate from RHCP.