• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Black Earl really IS in trouble

Forum Clout
Because tickets for Rich Vos' show at the Funny Bone in Syracuse NY on July 20 are going quickly!!

richvos.png

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
Funny Bone is my second favorite name for a comedy club after Laugh Factory. With a name like that you know you're in for some laughs!
The Laugh Factory literally manufactures laughter! And they're considered to have always used environmentally friendly processes since they opened, which for a factory is actually an incredible feat these days.

Jack_Horner

Forum Clout
Funny Bone is my second favorite name for a comedy club after Laugh Factory. With a name like that you know you're in for some laughs!

I'm a big fan of The Pitiful Princess and Jumbo's Clown Factory

"
And at this rough end of Division, just like everywhere else in town, 18-year-olds who aren't old enough to legally drink are plenty old enough to hang upside down and naked for your amusement.

"It's a weird law," Wolf admits. It invites teenagers to perform in rooms that require a bouncer at the door.

"But that's not a dancer issue," Wolf says. "It's a women's issue. Sex trafficking is the worst problem in Portland, not dancing. One in four women are victims of sexual assault, and those are just the ones who will talk about it.

"I've never seen it happen to a girl in a club. I worry about what happens between the time they leave the club and when they get home."

Wolf started working strip clubs when she was 20. She debuted at a peep show at the Lusty Lady in Seattle, which was long parked across First Avenue from the art museum. The starting salary: $7 an hour.

"It was always easy for me," Wolf says. "I didn't know I was a hot chick until I started dancing. And when I started, I felt like I'd found my niche. I felt like I was with my people."

Wolf launched All About Acting, a coaching service for actors and comedians, in 2003, and Stripper School in October. She says 10 girls have already graduated.

"My message: use your career to create your life," says Wolf, who also teaches religious education at the Unitarian Universalist Church in Vancouver.

"For the majority of girls, this is not the goal, to be a dancer. They need to learn how to market themselves. Sell it from the stage. Call their own shots. And I want them working in the best place for them."

That, Wolf concedes on a slow night at the bar, isn't outer Southeast and the Pitiful Princess.

"My biggest worry for these young girls are the pimps, which you don't see at the clubs downtown," she says. "

2-4-6-h8

Forum Clout
I'd like to throw Banana's in the mix. It was always fun seeing Patrice at the Banana's in Poughkeepsie, which had plastic bananas hanging off the wall the performer stood in front of while they opened every show by blasting "We have no bananas today!".

A laugh riot, b-b-b-b-b-b-boys.