Best Oasis song?

Harry Powell

Semen is the aggression of a man
I wasn't a huge fan but I liked this one

That album is better than it’s reputation. It’s also pretty much the last time they had any obnoxious snarl, the punk influence practically disappears after that record.

My favourite hit song is probably Live Forever. As for deep cuts, I'll go for Round Our Way. Noel has written a handful of genuine classics.

It would be epic if they got back together for a few shows. Best to do it while Liam's voice is still holding up.

Just like Queen after Freddie Mercury died, Oasis seem to be increasingly popular in America after they split.

I think Wonderwall is the first song to be released in the 90's to have over a billion streams or some shit like that.

Harry Powell

My favourite hit song is probably Live Forever. As for deep cuts, I'll go for Round Our Way. Noel has written a handful of genuine classics.

It would be epic if they got back together for a few shows. Best to do it while Liam's voice is still holding up.

Just like Queen after Freddie Mercury died, Oasis seem to be increasingly popular in America after they split.

I think Wonderwall is the first song to be released in the 90's to have over a billion streams or some shit like that.
Liam’s voice seems to be deteriorating significantly, I haven’t listened to his set from Knebworth this year yet to see how he did though.

All the pieces are there for a reunion. Noel recently said something like “people tell me they never got to see oasis. Well too bad, I never got to see the Beatles or the sex pistols “, but that faggot is too aware and too much of a rock historian and fetishist to not do a reunion show at some point.

My hope is they go original lineup when it happens, but I’m not sure that Tony can even play the drums anymore.

Liam’s voice seems to be deteriorating significantly, I haven’t listened to his set from Knebworth this year yet to see how he did though.

All the pieces are there for a reunion. Noel recently said something like “people tell me they never got to see oasis. Well too bad, I never got to see the Beatles or the sex pistols “, but that faggot is too aware and too much of a rock historian and fetishist to not do a reunion show at some point.

My hope is they go original lineup when it happens, but I’m not sure that Tony can even play the drums anymore.
Liam's voice was awful in the early 00's but has improved massively since going solo. I saw him earlier this year and he was good.

Yeah, Noel will rationalize it by saying something like, "My kids never got the chance to see how big Oasis were, they think Ed Sheeran is huge..."

I could see them just going with Zach Starkey on drums as Tony could barely play back in the 90's nevermind now.

Yeah Liam's voice has actually improved in recent years.

Zak Starkey is a friend of the family and I only found out after he left Oasis. I don't wanna see the who thank you.

As for my favourite song I can't pick but this from their later years is one that gets stuck in my head often

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
Always liked
“Don’t Go Away”
“Half the World Away”
“Digsy’s Diner”
“Married With Children”

Just to name a few. Been awhile since I went deep wit da faaawkin Oasis tobehonestwitya. Been more of a fan of Noel and Liam than Oasis lately.

Edit: Misread the post. Best is a loaded term just because Noel can write a hit but not really a “good” song, which he has admitted himself. It’d probably be supersonic, talk tonight, the master plan, or acquiesce. I’m sure there’s some I’m missing but, that’s assuming we’re not saying the obvious that is “Wonderwall”, which is at least pretty original and fucking slaps, child.

Jenna

Nighs Wonger, Stupid

I dunno, I just get a snotty vibe from this song that I enjoy. It sounds like it was written by an angsty 12-year-old boy who is mad at his parents. I like Champagne Supernova too even though I know it's uber-pretentious.

It’d probably be supersonic, talk tonight, the master plan, or acquiesce. I’m sure there’s some I’m missing but, that’s assuming we’re not saying the obvious that is “Wonderwall”, which is at least pretty original and fucking slaps, child.

Fuck me Acquiesce is a goddamn banger too

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.

I dunno, I just get a snotty vibe from this song that I enjoy. It sounds like it was written by an angsty 12-year-old boy who is mad at his parents. I like Champagne Supernova too even though I know it's uber-pretentious.

The Tojo actors playing Liam and Noel always get a niggas ribs in that video.

I'm not AOB with the Oasis TBH with ya.

I like Supersonic and I kinda like Digsby's Dinner but that's about it.

It's bascially trite melodies for football hooligans to chant from the stands before they kick the shit out of some other bunch of council estate dwellers for being brought up on a slightly different system of benefits.

Jenna

Nighs Wonger, Stupid
The Tojo actors playing Liam and Noel always get a niggas ribs in that video.

I'm convinced it wasn't a bigger hit because Liam sang the verses and Noel sang the chorus, so the two cunt brothers both secretly resented how they had to share the song. It really should have made the cut for What's the Story Morning Glory instead of being a B-side.

Must be great being Noel Gallagher. First he was a roadie then joins his brothers band and his brother can sing and he can write. He finds fame at 27 so it doesn't really destroy him like it does others. He even gave up drugs one day and never tried then again no drawn out "battle"

And then even in 2022 he can perform a b side to about 100k people and have every word sung back to him

One of my favourite memories was being in a stadium in Wales hearing those valley bastards sing this perfectly.

The master plan album came out a year after be here now and if only they had saved some of those b sides for that third album. They would have been so fucking big 10 knebworths wouldn't be enough

Harry Powell

They had a (sometimes) super snotty Punk whine & snarl to the vocals that pretty much went away after Be Here Now. I think My Big Mouth is the last time it was really there for a hit.

Harry Powell

Must be great being Noel Gallagher. First he was a roadie then joins his brothers band and his brother can sing and he can write. He finds fame at 27 so it doesn't really destroy him like it does others. He even gave up drugs one day and never tried then again no drawn out "battle"

And then even in 2022 he can perform a b side to about 100k people and have every word sung back to him

One of my favourite memories was being in a stadium in Wales hearing those valley bastards sing this perfectly.

The master plan album came out a year after be here now and if only they had saved some of those b sides for that third album. They would have been so fucking big 10 knebworths wouldn't be enough

Those legendary b-sides are an essential part of their legacy.

It Is fucking wild to have a song like Whatever, The Masterplan, Acquiesce, etc and just dump it on an obscure b-side single release.

It’s great because now you get these insane anthems at a concert that didn’t get burned out by radio play.