Batman Returns (1992)

G

[URL unfurl="true"]https://lookmovie2.to/movies/view/batman-returns-1992[/URL]

Burton is the most based hippie I’ve ever fucking seen. They beg him to come back and he proceeds to make the most realistic depressing superhero movie I’ve ever seen.

Gotham is basically Oakland, CA at this point. It’s essentially complete gangland with the main villains disfigured victims while the Joker was already a gangster before being flung into acid.

Weird leather shit, Christopher Walken (also weird but good leather shit) and a phenomenal casting director who found an even better Christopher Walken impersonator than Christopher Walken.

Edit: Joker was already a *gangster*

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I had my first wet dream after seeing it as a kid. Not over Catwoman but Selina Kyle when she wasn't a mouse anymore
selina_kyle_batman_returns_by_darkcrusader77_dep1wo5-fullview.jpg

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Not to be a fag and all, but Batman Returns had the best romance in any superhero movie. It's that scene where Bruce and Selina meet in the masked ball, dance, then realize at the same time that he is Batman and she is Catwoman. Selina asks, "Does this mean we have to fight?" then Bruce wipes a tear from her face.

We never get any moment that good in a Marvel movie, because they won't pause the quips for a few minutes to let their heroes be vulnerable. It was such a key scene they even redid in Dark Knight Rises, but not as good.

Superhero movies peaked when I was 8. What the fuck?

G

Not to be a fag and all, but Batman Returns had the best romance in any superhero movie. It's that scene where Bruce and Selina meet in the masked ball, dance, then realize at the same time that he is Batman and she is Catwoman. Selina asks, "Does this mean we have to fight?" then Bruce wipes a tear from her face.

We never get any moment that good in a Marvel movie, because they won't pause the quips for a few minutes to let their heroes be vulnerable. It was such a key scene they even redid in Dark Knight Rises, but not as good.

Superhero movies peaked when I was 8. What the fuck?
I love when she starts laughing like a lunatic and Bruce starts getting all embarrassed. That is a truly great scene all around.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
It's not my favorite Batman movie - frankly, because it feels like he's barely in it. It's a villain movie through and through, which isn't a bad thing, but you havr to accept that up front. That's all Burton.

He admitted from day one never quite got the character, but I will say, I'll watch any movie with Batman in it because they're usually more redeemable than the Marvel cunts, where even when they change something, it's still the fucking same movie.

Returns is unique amongst all those movies though, and I bitch about it not having Batman much because Keaton makes every scene with him work, and you really do want more. He acts like an unhinged motherfucker cracking from his obsession, the intensity is in his own eyes alone. The closest to every get to that since, I hate to say this, was bloody Pattinson. That Twink is so intense in just his eyes and mouth that I bought in, and since he's in so much of the movie, it brought me back to Keaton.

That's the ultimate compliment I can give about that fucking character, is how an average-bodied Keaton made me buy in to one of the worst edited films I've ever seen (the first Batman, that is).

And yes, Pfeiffer is still a bird I would go after.

Stent

swatchsticker
It's not my favorite Batman movie - frankly, because it feels like he's barely in it. It's a villain movie through and through, which isn't a bad thing, but you havr to accept that up front. That's all Burton.
The problem is that there's nowhere to really go with the Batman character once you complete his story arc in the first movie. Batman get overshadowed by the villains because they're just more fun and interesting. The first Batman was great but Nicholson's Joker was more memorable than Keaton's Batman to me.

UnPRePared

The problem is that there's nowhere to really go with the Batman character once you complete his story arc in the first movie. Batman get overshadowed by the villains because they're just more fun and interesting. The first Batman was great but Nicholson's Joker was more memorable than Keaton's Batman to me.

I suppose you're right. Nicholson felt a lot like a dark Cesar Romero to me though, campy. Just my thought.

That didn't happen with Nolan, except with Ledger. And the older those films get, the more flaws I find in them.

I give Matt Reeves credit, though. That new film was pretty good. But I'll still take Keaton, he just seemed to get it. And the scenes with Pfeiffer prove it.

Stent

swatchsticker
I give Matt Reeves credit, though. That new film was pretty good. But I'll still take Keaton, he just seemed to get it. And the scenes with Pfeiffer prove it.
A better villain would've elevated The Batman. I didn't hate Paul Dano in it, but his Riddler definitely didn't feel like a main villain (apologies to Fez). In all honesty I don't remember much of it now and haven't had any desire to watch it again.

G

A better villain would've elevated The Batman. I didn't hate Paul Dano in it, but his Riddler definitely didn't feel like a main villain (apologies to Fez). In all honesty I don't remember much of it now and haven't had any desire to watch it again.
I feel exactly the same way. I thought Pattinson was terrific in it, as he has been in the other couple of films I've seen him in. The film felt dark and impressive at the time but wasn't memorable at all and doesn't have any re-watchability factor for me either.

G

He admitted from day one never quite got the character, but I will say, I'll watch any movie with Batman in it because they're usually more redeemable than the Marvel cunts, where even when they change something, it's still the fucking same movie.

Returns is unique amongst all those movies though, and I bitch about it not having Batman much because Keaton makes every scene with him work, and you really do want more. He acts like an unhinged motherfucker cracking from his obsession, the intensity is in his own eyes alone. The closest to every get to that since, I hate to say this, was bloody Pattinson. That Twink is so intense in just his eyes and mouth that I bought in, and since he's in so much of the movie, it brought me back to Keaton.

That's the ultimate compliment I can give about that fucking character, is how an average-bodied Keaton made me buy in to one of the worst edited films I've ever seen (the first Batman, that is).

And yes, Pfeiffer is still a bird I would go after.
It’s one of my favorite Batman movies almost because of the type of villains it depicts so much. The Joker was already a gangster before he was thrown into that batch of chemicals (that wasn’t easy to get over and don’t think that he didn’t try!)

Burton shows just like how Batman was created by a violent society so were Penguin and Catwoman. Sounds melodramatic but it was well done. Even Selena’s weird transformation speaks to this.

Keaton is definitely king here. I always think of him when I think of Batman onscreen despite him not having much competition. I’ve never seen Pattinson’s Batman. Heard shit reviews and the trailer seemed not worth the time. Might have to check it out.

tl;dr send me nudes of your hot Polish girlfriend

UnPRePared

I feel exactly the same way. I thought Pattinson was terrific in it, as he has been in the other couple of films I've seen him in. The film felt dark and impressive at the time but wasn't memorable at all and doesn't have any re-watchability factor for me either.

Funny you say that - it's absolutely a quality film, but I have no interest in rewatching it either. I liked Pattinson. I loved Jeffrey Wright as Gordon. The little we get of Andy Serkis as Alfred is even excellent (doesn't trump Jeremy Irons, but very well). The story flows and makes sense. It doesn't even feel like three hours. Yet I don't want to see it again.

However, I can rewatch '89 at any time. Go bloody figure.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan

Burton is the most based hippie I’ve ever fucking seen. They beg him to come back and he proceeds to make the most realistic depressing superhero movie I’ve ever seen.

Gotham is basically Oakland, CA at this point. It’s essentially complete gangland with the main villains disfigured victims while the Joker was already a gangster before being flung into acid.

Weird leather shit, Christopher Walken (also weird but good leather shit) and a phenomenal casting director who found an even better Christopher Walken impersonator than Christopher Walken.

Edit: Joker was already a *gangster*
Yeah the clown gang who specializes in kidnapping kids was a real what the fuck. I almost forgot how bonkers that shit got until I watched it recently. I mean the crazy fucker mad w Batman movie that Batman is barely in for the first 1/2 of. So he made a Batman movie about the villains.

But whoever wrote that idiotic "mistletoe can be deadly if you eat it" conversation should have their genitals forced into a rat trap

Last edited: