Barry Season 3 Finale Discussion Thread

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
This was the ending I saw coming from the first season. He gets captured and writes a movie about his time in as a hitman and sells it from prison. What we see on the show is the actual movie. Hence the stupid stuff like the little karate girl or the animal eating a live prisoner.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
This was the ending I saw coming from the first season. He gets captured and writes a movie about his time in as a hitman and sells it from prison. What we see on the show is the actual movie. Hence the stupid stuff like the little karate girl or the animal eating a live prisoner.
I wouldn't be shocked if they go that route, but will be very fucking gay

Say “Cookie”

ShutYourCakehorn/gassers Alt
The ending was telegraphed via the black guy’s exposition to Fuches. It was obvious that Cousineau would break as he has been portrayed as extremely weak mentally this season. I liked some of this season but it became too dramatic in the second half for a comedy show about a hitman.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
The ending was telegraphed via the black guy’s exposition to Fuches. It was obvious that Cousineau would break as he has been portrayed as extremely weak mentally this season. I liked some of this season but it became too dramatic in the second half for a comedy show about a hitman.
I don't mind it getting darker and more dramatic, I am worried that that next season they'll go a 180 and since Barry is in prison they will focus on supporting characters for the season and get back to Barry in the final episode which would be really fucking lame.

Say “Cookie”

ShutYourCakehorn/gassers Alt
I don't mind it getting darker and more dramatic, I am worried that that next season they'll go a 180 and since Barry is in prison they will focus on supporting characters for the season and get back to Barry in the final episode which would be really fucking lame.
I would really hate that. I think I was too harsh on my assessment of the dramatic scenes as I do like the darkness of Barry and his mental breakdown. Barry in prison is an interesting plot point for sure, especially with Fuches joining him.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
Less girlfriend on her own next season please. "it's not her show"

G

No ho hank as a chechen fag was awful too
Yeah I get that it's not meant to be a realistic show but Chechens make Saudi Arabians look open-minded and tolerant. Asking the audience to believe Chechen gangsters would take orders from a butch, closeted gay dude would've been a stretch. That they follow a super camp smiley queen like Hank was a bridge too far. And yes, I understand that was the point but it didn’t work for me.

Harry Powell

Semen is the aggression of a man
I actually loved this season. I like the idea that Fuche’s is now running around burning Barry and making him pay the price for everything he did the first two seasons.

I like that essentially all of the characters are morally compromised beyond redemption at this point - Barry is a piece of shit who needs to be killed or stopped, his girlfriend is a narcissistic bitch as is Cousineau, etc. Back in the first season maybe there was hope for a redemption arc (although I disagree) when he was questioning if he was a good person. There’s absolutely none of that now, IMO. Even Fuche’s was given a chance for a new life and chose vengeance.

The surreal moments were interesting for me too. They should never be explained. The little girl, the monstrous prison creature, etc. Taekwondo man being fucking unstoppable.

There are moments of genuine cruelty, absurdism, and grotesqueness that make this show great. Always something a little unexpected too. The “machine gun handoff”, etc.

Last edited:

Harry Powell

Semen is the aggression of a man
This is beyond retarded. There’s no way they do this.

Barry is going to get off scot-free due to some technicality after a couple episodes exploring him dealing with the cops / jail / courts. This is why they also have Fuche’s in police custody as “The Raven”. It opens up another avenue for the writers to explore for a little bit - weird Hollywood lawyers, DA’s not carrying about anything except their careers, etc. now they get to lampoon that shit for a little bit.