• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Audio books with clear mouth noises.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
If you can stand AI voice, you can get ebook readers that sound decent. It's not for everyone, but they're a lot less robotic than they used to be. Got through 20 something books this year that way.

I generally hate audiobooks, I don’t absorb anything being said, even if I try to listen when not working or driving. I prefer reading my kindle, so I listen to books at work which I wanna read but don’t care if I zone out and miss loads.

But when they have those horrible disgusting mouth noises it makes my skin crawl, there’s a word for the phobia of it but I don’t care enough to google what it is.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
I get a lot of audiobooks off Librivox, which are free and done by volunteers and hooooly shit, are there things worse than mouth noises. Trying to get through "Beyond Good and Evil", by Nietzche, already and erratic and difficult book, read by a woman who completely ignores punctuation is a miserable challenge.

fricklefrackle

Forum Clout
I get a lot of audiobooks off Librivox, which are free and done by volunteers and hooooly shit, are there things worse than mouth noises. Trying to get through "Beyond Good and Evil", by Nietzche, already and erratic and difficult book, read by a woman who completely ignores punctuation is a miserable challenge.
Nietzsche read by a woman... for fuck's sake next we're going to get a nigger reading Schopenhauer.

Lunkhead

...and rise again!
Forum Clout
I generally hate audiobooks, I don’t absorb anything being said, even if I try to listen when not working or driving. I prefer reading my kindle, so I listen to books at work which I wanna read but don’t care if I zone out and miss loads.

But when they have those horrible disgusting mouth noises it makes my skin crawl, there’s a word for the phobia of it but I don’t care enough to google what it is.
Most books are like that to me. Unless it's a religious text or something dense that I have to take my time with, audio's the way to go if you don't have time to sit there. Plus you can always just skip back if you miss something. Authors overload books with too much extra info a lot of the time just to pad them out.

Agreed with the mouth noises. They do that on podcasts too and it drives me nuts. Heard one where some guy had cottonmouth because he just took a bong rip before recording. It's like why am I even listening to this retard? A lot of the time silence is better.

Turry Fawks

Dean of Dog Piss Studies at Waterlooniversity
Forum Clout
Worse than mouth noises is readers who don't know how to pronounce the words they're reading. Not a huge deal in a fiction book but if it's theological/philosophical it can really fuck things up.

fricklefrackle

Forum Clout
quote-a-woman-does-not-want-the-truth-what-is-truth-to-women-from-the-beginning-nothing-has-friedric.jpg

YuzNv9F.png

Forum Clout
can't wait for state of the art generative narration to replace them all
You'll live to hear Mein Kempf read by Hitler in our lifetime.
If you wanna go the lawful-good but with more variety way, get a library card and download hoopla, you can get any audiobook free for a temporary download... How many times are you realistically going to listen to "A Gay Man's Guide To Life" anyways, @NoBacon
You could have listened to BGAE read by a man from the Penguin translation on the bay if you just looked. Why do you turn your nose up at the noble sacrifice I somebody named "Guest" made ripping that from a private tracker and uploading it to a public one?

TomFromNawlins

Forum Clout
What the fuck, why do they allow that to happen?

I bought one to listen to this week at work, and I’ve had to immediately turn it off because it sounds like the cunt reading it has just eaten Elmer’s glue.
A little off topic, but this is why I hated Jim Breuer on da show. He’d be telling one of his long, retarded stories, and he’d smack his lips constantly. Worse than a *sniff*

Anyway, audiobooks suck in general.