Anyone remember when the History Channel was good?

G

I remember from midnight to 6am it was the Hitler channel. They had so much informative and interesting stuff about world war ii on that channel back in the day. I also remember when the teachers would come in hungover and just play a tape of whatever they taped off the History channel at 4am that day 🤣

I learned a ton of stuff about ancient Egypt and WWII. More than I ever learned in school.

I remember from midnight to 6am it was the Hitler channel. They had so much informative and interesting stuff about world war ii on that channel back in the day. I also remember when the teachers would come in hungover and just play a tape of whatever they taped off the History channel at 4am that day 🤣

I learned a ton of stuff about ancient Egypt and WWII. More than I ever learned in school.
Hitler's Henchmen? lol

Last edited:
If the American Civil War is what you're interested in I also suggest the Ken Burns documentary. It watch pretty good.

As for the History Channel, it's been shit for so long that I hardly can remember when it wasn't shit. I'm all in wit da show Modern Marvels.
Totally agree 100% on Ken Burns Civil War. The whole thing has got to be 10+ hours long but its very interesting.

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

My name's Henry. And you're here with me now
That's pretty awesome, not for your great great grandfather though, i suppose...

My family is from Kentucky, right on the neutral line during the war, had some family who fought in the Union cavalry. I'd have to go back there and look at their tombstones again to tell what units.
Once you get their names you can look it up online to see when they joined, how they were equipped, what battles they fought in, how much they got for military pension, gg grandfather was also at Siege of Petersburg where they tunneled under the Souths lines and packed it with explosives then lit it off, known as "The Crater" the north sent black soldiers into the hole to go after the rebels but rebels were at ridges and basically shooting down at fish in a barrel

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
I loved it and our schools would typically use them for movie days. History, NatGeo, Discovery, all had box set releases that I cannot seem to find anymore. Maybe they were limited releases but it seemed like every school had these.

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

My name's Henry. And you're here with me now
I loved it and our schools would typically use them for movie days. History, NatGeo, Discovery, all had box set releases that I cannot seem to find anymore. Maybe they were limited releases but it seemed like every school had these.
They used to play little commercials at end of programs you could get copies if you were a school,etc..