Any good rub recipes

SpaceEdge

posting here is taking time away from my workouts
Using an aged pepper vinegar as a rub base is great, but since you can't age it apple cider vinegar plain makes a good base. You can find all kinds of shit on how to do that online, but the real taste is going to come a lot more from low heat, long cook
It depends how you smoke it too. Wood pellets are much hotter than indirect and tin foil makes a big difference the higher your baseline heat is. I dont know how much you know about it but I assume you're English and you were boiling them up until now

Source: I'm a great big fat person

G

Using an aged pepper vinegar as a rub base is great, but since you can't age it apple cider vinegar plain makes a good base. You can find all kinds of shit on how to do that online, but the real taste is going to come a lot more from low heat, long cook
It depends how you smoke it too. Wood pellets are much hotter than indirect and tin foil makes a big difference the higher your baseline heat is. I dont know how much you know about it but I assume you're English and you were boiling them up until now

Source: I'm a great big fat person
Last time I did it a couple of weeks ago did it indirect on a weber kettle with apple wood on top of coals. 3 and a half hours for the one babyback rack. The texture of the meat came out nice but the ribs were pre-packaged and pre-sauced from the supermarket and ok but not quite right. My grandma was from St Louis originally and did great St Louis style ribs so I'll do an approximation of her brown sugar/vinegar/tomato based sauce to slather on during cooking but not sure about what to on the rub. Thanks for the foil tip

G

How was it?
They ate pretty good brotherman
Screenshot_20220903-225305_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220903-225026_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220903-225041_Gallery.jpg