Any brothermen following the Candidate's Tournament?

bitching out? I thought he said for a while he didn't want to play against anyone except Alireza

Haven't checked the standings yet but hoping Naka is the challenger even though he would get his pooper spelunked in the Championship.

Would be nice if Nepo cleared his name by winning here and putting on a good show in the championship but I would be really concerned he would completely screw the pooch like he did last year.

If anyone else other than Ding Liren or Fabi wins Magnus might as well play against a houseplant as far as audience excitement goes.

CuckQueen

On the Joe Cumia retirement plan.
bitching out? I thought he said for a while he didn't want to play against anyone except Alireza

Haven't checked the standings yet but hoping Naka is the challenger even though he would get his pooper spelunked in the Championship.

Would be nice if Nepo cleared his name by winning here and putting on a good show in the championship but I would be really concerned he would completely screw the pooch like he did last year.

If anyone else other than Ding Liren or Fabi wins Magnus might as well play against a houseplant as far as audience excitement goes.
Ding is near the bottom, Nepo is in solid first. As soon as Alireza is through his prep he's completely fallen apart. In two of his four games he's burned an hour and 15 time advantage on moves, and isn't making it near time controls with even a minute on his clock. Magnus has said recently while it's not 100% he probably wouldn't even play if Alireza won. At least that makes second place here just as valuable as first.

Right now Alireza is dead last, Hikaru is close at 3rd, Nepo is leading but not by too much.