Anthony would be retarded not to do a reunion show

Examining the recent discussions of an O&A reunion....
Opie refused to work with Ant at all, shooting down every single request to make it happen. Says it's straight up impossible because of the way Ant behaved. But when Nana got his second heart attack, Opie chose to be a respectable human being and say that there are no grievances anymore, and that there's no reason for being upset with Ant and his pointless bullshit now that they're older.
Opie has no issue doing what he does now, but it's very obvious that Ant was getting tired of his awful paid platform, as much as he pretends he's not. And just today we've had confirmation that Anthony hasn't said anything negative about Opie in a long time. Everyone's already pointed out for years that they're going nowhere without each other. But it's only more apparent now since Ant is a dying man. We can only hope that he has the self-awareness to realize that he should make some type of official amends with the Opester before his exhausted heart finally quits.
opieradioanthonycumiahostagescreenshot.png

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
I’m gonna shoehorn this comment in

A reminder that when Auntie started Compound Opie couldn’t even be bothered to appear once. “Lets get a beer first” and dumb Auntie didn’t agree to it, so no show.

But when O&J split, Auntie JUMPED to appear on Opies show and did so 5 times before finally offering him half of Compound Media.

But Auntie zombies will tell you Auntie doesn’t need Opie and its the other way around.

DMAN

NYC Mayor
Just the fact that Auntie said "we haven't trashed each other and i want to keep it that way" says everything.

He's sobered up. He's under the care of the O.G. unifier Brother Joe. He's realizing what little money he has left isn't going to last forever. He's also got those OTHER numbers in his mind... You know, the numbers he was offered by Luis J Gomez (and others) to reunite with Opie... And the newly sobered Auntie is thinking "those numbers would look VERY GOOD on my bank statement right about now..."

Even in his drunken stupor, Auntie's answer was "Opie would NEVER DO IT!!!" He never said he himself would turn it down. Opie is against doing the reunion out of his morals, because you CANNOT trust someone like Auntie who has done what he's done.

This is an easy out for Auntie. He can blame the booze and the heart meds. Opie is already reminiscing. The soft spot is there, Auntie just needs to own up to what he did and admit "I did some REALLY fucked up, petty bullshit to intentionally hurt you, because I was in a one-sided feud with you, in my own drunken mind. But I'm sober now."

HE NEEDED THE MONEY!

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
But Ant has a history of doing this. He'll refrain from shitting on someone for a while (like Burr) thinking they will forget all the fucked up shit he said. Then when it turns out there are still hard feelings and they still don't want to work with him, he doesn't apologize, he just doubles down on saying bad shit about them. He hates conflict so he won't ever just apologize and talk it out with someone. That's why he and Opie are where they are now (and Opie is equally immature so he won't either.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Within a month or two Anthony will be shitting on everyone once again. And it will be Opie's fault or Burr's or F/N's and so on. Something will drive him insane. He won't even last until election season which will really send him into overdrive. If he wants a reunion he will need to do it before the presidential campaigns kick into gear because his brain will be fried on cable news talking points.

Within a month or two Anthony will be shitting on everyone once again. And it will be Opie's fault or Burr's or F/N's and so on. Something will drive him insane. He won't even last until election season which will really send him into overdrive. If he wants a reunion he will need to do it before the presidential campaigns kick into gear because his brain will be fried on cable news talking points.
Nana always gets all nasty whenever he feels offended or insulted, then he pretends they were all just out-of-context jokes, then pretends to be all puzzled and baffled by how totally insane the other person is. He'll sit there over-emoting and making those blatantly disingenuous faces, like he doesn't understand what Opie/Burr/whoever's problem is, but he knows. He is very well aware that his faggotry aside, Bill Burr can't be seen with the nigger-tweeter, even if he didn't make it personal. "Burr With Misogynistic Rant On Racist Shock Jock Show"...boom, it's all over.

Nana could have had a real podcast where he pulled real guests, but he wanted to nigger-tweet instead. Then, after he made himself completely toxic to anyone with a real career, he pathetically tries to pretend it's "woke culture" and "liberals" keeping him down. He's such a deeply fraudulent human being, just like his brother.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Like other commenters have said there is just no way Cumia can keep this truce going and its for many reasons. The first of which is his avoidance of “conflict” aka owning up to anything he did wrong and feeling any guilt. Second is that Cumia does nothing for anybody but himself. He would never commit to a truce nor reconcile on the basis of nostalgic feelings of wanting the Opster, it would be needing him in some way, probably financial. Its the same reason Opie said no to the Compound offer. Like I said a long time ago I think Opie proposed one of two options: That it would be HIS show, not AUNTIE and Opie. and / or that they get a beer and hash out their shit, Auntie said no to either or both. Thats why we’ll never get a serious reunion.

The second part of your comment is just why I don’t want an O&A reunion in the first place. I’m coming in as a realist here and it may be harsh for duh fellow fans but an O&A reunion would suck. Why? Because Auntie is still lost. He may have quit the drinking (for now) but he hasn’t gotten off the nigger juice. As long as he does that you can expect two things:

1. The new O&A would inevitably contain hours of racial or right wing retarded bullshit with Opie at odds with it again.
2. That means O&A gets in the news more specifically for Nanas outrageous nigger talk thus forever branding O&A not as what they were but as those nigger guys.

Not to mention if O&A reunited Auntie would have to effectively unbrainwash his fans into liking Opie so they could even succeed.

DMAN

NYC Mayor
The second part of your comment is just why I don’t want an O&A reunion in the first place. I’m coming in as a realist here and it may be harsh for duh fellow fans but an O&A reunion would suck. Why? Because Auntie is still lost. He may have quit the drinking (for now) but he hasn’t gotten off the nigger juice. As long as he does that you can expect two things:

1. The new O&A would inevitably contain hours of racial or right wing retarded bullshit with Opie at odds with it again.
2. That means O&A gets in the news more specifically for Nanas outrageous nigger talk thus forever branding O&A not as what they were but as those nigger guys.

O&A is a not-for-profit agency-service tasked with security matters in the industries of entertainment, and other forms of multimedia. Opie is an outspoken, self-described 'psychopath' who doesn't take criticism well. Anthony is a mild-mannered keyboard warrior who talks TOUGH online... but gets beaten up by black women in real life. Opie & Anthony, however, are more than this. Once united, Opie and Anthony become Opie & Anthony -- an all-forgiving collective of talking heads and critics with the agenda of ensuring the safety and well-being of entertainers, celebrities, influencers, and those in the public eye.

What do Opie & Anthony do? In the olden times, a jester would appear to be a comedic fool, but was secretly an undercover hero who prevented violence and other forms of harmful activity from taking place. Through the means of manipulating hate via the king or queen's funny bone, the jester earned what was called the Jester's Privilege. O&A are modern day jesters who take care of things, and do things up nice. They do things up nice and keep things in order. And if you start getting a little greedy, you're going to hear from them.

Why do Opie & Anthony do this? Because simply put, the alternative is what you've been experiencing for the past 9 years. A world un-checked.

This is alternate universe stuff but I think the time was in 2014, the best way to have launched Compound Media would've been with Opie & Anthony as the flagship program. Anthony by himself allegedly had 40k subscribers to start off with at Compound, probably safe to say that Opie would've been able to contribute at least 20k more subscribers to the platform which instantly would've made both men more wealthier than they are already. Could've been a really fun network because the money and popularity would probably lead to Jimmy eventually coming over as well for a full reunion, Artie Lange comes in as well and perhaps does his own show to attract even more subs...crazy alternative universe stuff here

Anyway, to your point OP, in 2023 who is even all that interested? I love O&A but even a full fledged reunion where they did Compound daily wouldn't get my money. 2 guys in their sixties trying to be edgy and cool just wouldn't work, I think the show would be more like Howard is in 2023 and not like the glory years.

I do think they'll do a one off reunion at some point.