• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

A year ago I read the start of one of Pat's books. The one with the Firstname Lastname character, I think. I only remember 1 thing from it.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
I attempted to read one of his books a while ago since I was certain there'd be unearthed gems in there but I couldn't even make it past the first page. The xer/xim shit alone makes it unreadable.

I do get the impression that it's just like somebody read Hitchhiker's Guide once, didn't understand why it was good, and then tried to emulate the humor.

Pig has literally said the the reason his writing "career" started was because he read Hitchhiker's Guide and thought he could do the ending better.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
I attempted to read one of his books a while ago since I was certain there'd be unearthed gems in there but I couldn't even make it past the first page. The xer/xim shit alone makes it unreadable.

Pig has literally said the the reason his writing "career" started was because he read Hitchhiker's Guide and thought he could do the ending better.

Then he should admit he's not a writer, but an idea guy.

I love movies, awlroight? But in my downtime I've tried to write in screenplay form, just for the hell of it. I can write a song, why not a movie?

Because I fucking suck at it, that's why. I've told Steve my movie idea, and he thought the summary of the three acts sounded great, but if you give me pen and paper, or a computer, it comes out so bloody stilted. Writers for films deserve far more credit than they get when they actually make something palatable.

So I admit in that form of writing, I have pretty good ideas. But you're never going to see my name on an A24 film because idea guys and script punchers don't get credit (I'm ashamed to say I looked into it).

And while I know Pat isn't even an idea guy, because his ideas are utter shit, it's still a harder thing to argue than being an, ahem, "writer".