• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

A reason an O&A reunion wouldn’t work that people don’t really mention

Forum Clout
I think Opie and Nana would definitely want to do it on video and neither one of them are good visual performers. Opie’s squinting is distracting and Nana’s crater face, receding hairline, constant DT fidgeting, and just overall discomfort in front of a camera is also a problem. I don’t think the classic O&A stuff would be as funny if I were seeing it for the first time rather than just hearing it.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Do people generally sit down and watch a podcast? I just have them on in the background and if something sounds like I should see it I'll rewind it and watch that part.
The problem is is that no one knows how to use it. I think Rogan uses it fine because you can truly listen without watching the video and not miss anything. When Jamie pulls something up Rogan will read the headline or explain what they’re looking at. Now watch any other shittier podcast and they have no conception that people are listening. They’ll pull random shit up on screen and not even explain it because they assume everyone is already watching. I fucking hate when i’m listening to something and the hosts are loffing about some shit i have to look over to fucking see.

Forum Clout
I think Opie and Nana would definitely want to do it on video and neither one of them are good visual performers. Opie’s squinting is distracting and Nana’s crater face, receding hairline, constant DT fidgeting, and just overall discomfort in front of a camera is also a problem. I don’t think the classic O&A stuff would be as funny if I were seeing it for the first time rather than just hearing it.
Back in like 2001, O&A were tapped to host an XFL pre-game show. I don't know where else it aired, but it definitely did in NYC. I'd never seen them before, and had no idea what they looked like. So the show starts, and they come out, and Nana does that thing where he crosses his arms, and nods at the crowd approvingly, and all I could think was wow, that motherfucker's face was MADE for radio. Eeeep. It reminded me of first discovering that Robin Quivers was an uppity negress. Until that channel 9 show, I'd never seen her before.

Forum Clout
This is correct but it also implies that Opetimus Prime will be able to procure anything more than a Guitar Hero/Rockband game mic to try to plug into his toaster that is not in fact a USB interface for his phone or laptop.

Leatherface Tony should just keep his Klan hood on for every show. It would be less offensive. Plus Missy will smash the computer as soon as he makes noise.

Meanwhile The “Wishes He Was Turgid” Worm is too busy riding fences and giant Aryan Veeking she-cock to jeopardize his mediocre milk toast show with a deformed, bald caveman by chopping it up with Leatherface, the nigger hunter.

Also.. how in the fuck is there incentive to keep this up once they realize that 200-600 patrons or pay fags max are a far cry from million dollar a year contracts?

Hitler and Stalin may as well come back from the dead and do a podcast with Churchill on as third mic. That’s more plausible.

G

Back in like 2001, O&A were tapped to host an XFL pre-game show. I don't know where else it aired, but it definitely did in NYC. I'd never seen them before, and had no idea what they looked like. So the show starts, and they come out, and Nana does that thing where he crosses his arms, and nods at the crowd approvingly, and all I could think was wow, that motherfucker's face was MADE for radio. Eeeep. It reminded me of first discovering that Robin Quivers was an uppity negress. Until that channel 9 show, I'd never seen her before.
My first time seeing them I was mind blown that Anthony's voice didn't belong on Opie's face. That would have made everything make sense.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
First time the Greaseman did a public appearance he was ashamed at how out of shape he looked. He immediately hired a personal trainer and started body building and became absolutely ripped (though undoubtedly through steroids). And it not only changed his confidence off air but on air as well as he transformed from a lanky faggy geek to a towering Aryan monster.

O&A never bothered to look presentable. They'd go on talk shows dressed like homeless people. Anthony literally owns a wardrobe comparable in size to one of a first year college student or US Marine. One time O&A were watching a ten year old video of themselves and Opie looked over at Anthony and said "You have the same shirt on....like the exact same shirt".

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
First time the Greaseman did a public appearance he was ashamed at how out of shape he looked. He immediately hired a personal trainer and started body building and became absolutely ripped (though undoubtedly through steroids). And it not only changed his confidence off air but on air as well as he transformed from a lanky faggy geek to a towering Aryan monster.

O&A never bothered to look presentable. They'd go on talk shows dressed like homeless people. Anthony literally owns a wardrobe comparable in size to one of a first year college student or US Marine.
I rag on them for it but thinking about it i think i respect them for it. It’s a scale of course. On the low end you have O&A looking like fucking slobs everywhere they go. In the middle is the perfect balance, the Greaseman who looked good and did so at a low cost (it also wasnt just for his persona.) Then on the far end you have a faggot like Howard, who paid a man a salary to give him a “style” and still looks like a fucking slob. Not mention this entire style is a persona crafted for the radio. “Look at me i’m a fawwkin rockstar who wears trenchcoats”
One time O&A were watching a ten year old video of themselves and Opie looked over at Anthony and said "You have the same shirt on....like the exact same shirt".
That was when they Jocktobered Fez and watched the clip where he came into the studio dressed as Hitler. My autism is my strength.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
Robin was the only one on HSS besides KC that didn’t look like a ghoul. Artie was a fairly decent looking guy too. Jackie and Billy were not handsome men.

Forum Clout

O&A never bothered to look presentable. They'd go on talk shows dressed like homeless people. Anthony literally owns a wardrobe comparable in size to one of a first year college student or US Marine. One time O&A were watching a ten year old video of themselves and Opie looked over at Anthony and said "You have the same shirt on....like the exact same shirt".
Anthony would buy expensive fancy clothes but never wear them and Opie was a cheap cheap cheap.

Hudson Margera-Hughes

Heyyyy, HELLHOLE ADLsters...
Forum Clout
Same experience. My first jewtube clip of O&A was Ant versus Ian Halperin. Had never heard of O&A before. No clue whatsoever about it. Figured it was just another garbage, hack, morning zoo waste of time. It was in the "recommended" side bar of Kiketube while perusing through old Stern clips. Not sure why I clicked, but obviously I did and boy, oh, boy was I in for a surprise!

Ant: "Don't make me say it! Don't you make me say it! I'm gonna say it... You ready?! ...(Everybody's dead silent)... all of a sudden "14/88!"

LULZ! I couldn't believe my ears! This really went out over the airwaves?! I was blown the fuck away. Immediately Google image searched "Opie & Anthony" and I'm pretty sure one of the first images was that shitty fucking horrendously photoshopped giraffe necked Opie and the one eyebrow up Anthony pic. I immediately attributed the "14/88!" to Opie, of course. The blonde haired, blue eyed dude. Again, I was floored that was broadcasted out and dude was able to show up and continue to collect million dollar checks from it! I was hooked from that point on.

Once I found out it was, in fact, Anthony I was confused at first. Then as I kept listening it all made sense. That was probably late 2012 or early 2013. A year or so later Ant was blacklisted and fired for his twitter rant.

My first time seeing them I was mind blown that Anthony's voice didn't belong on Opie's face. That would have made everything make sense.